• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kayak Fishing.....

Jeremy Igo

Hell yeah! 

I've wanted to get one but sold my truck and a kayak strapped on top of a Lexus just doesn't seem like a bright idea even for me. It be cool to try one out to see if I like it also.  

You have to paddle alone.  Are you sure you are up to it?

I like standing up on it if I am casting an area or drifting a while. 

ever fished the catawba river in SC? i hear there are some big bass towards chester county at landsford canal state park. i've only caught bream, but i've seen a few 3-5 pound bass pulled in from kayaks. 

ever fished the catawba river in SC? i hear there are some big bass towards chester county at landsford canal state park. i've only caught bream, but i've seen a few 3-5 pound bass pulled in from kayaks. 

No not yet, may make my way down there this year. 

So far mountain island lake is my favorite place locally for fishing. 

Love kayaking in salt water. You stay higher up in the water because of the density, makes things easier. Plan on some of that this year too. 

No not yet, may make my way down there this year. 

So far mountain island lake is my favorite place locally for fishing. 

Love kayaking in salt water. You stay higher up in the water because of the density, makes things easier. Plan on some of that this year too. 

if you want to fish down towards rock hill, let me know. i plan to be out there quite a bit this spring and summer. 

Heck yeah, I'll plan on it. 

Do you go during the week or weekends?

saturday and/or sunday.

depending on how long you want to be on the river, there are several launches. the first in the SC catawba section is the lake wylie dam. 3.6 miles downstream is river walk and 3 miles from there is river park. these areas are rocky and can require an anchor to keep from drifting off. the deeper pools are found south of river park to landsford canal, but that's a solid 18 miles of slow moving water. there are no public launches that entire stretch, and it is completely undeveloped. really is beautiful. last time we did it, we camped on an island half way down the river and got up the next morning to finish the trip. i'm up for that again.

Archived