• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kayak Fishing.....

Jeremy Igo

Getting to be that time of year again.

I started kayak fishing last year. Caught more fish in the past 5 years combined.

Anyone else kayak fish?

I put in at Lake Norman or mountain Island Lake. Would like to try badin Lake this year.

i live right on the tar river inland/costal line and during the season Id go 2-3 times a week. My biggest stripped bass so far is 37 inches, no idea on weight had no scale and he was too big so I released him.

The most I've had on at one time was 4, I went over a school while trolling, lotta fun!

I've only caught 1 large mouth bass ever out here though.

Jeremy

Let me know when you get ready to hit Badin. I fish it often in my boat and I can point you to a few places. What's your target species?

Also you may want to cross over Tillery and go back in the Uwharrie River. Take the ultra light and catch some stray small mouth if you're lucky.

Jeremy

Let me know when you get ready to hit Badin. I fish it often in my boat and I can point you to a few places. What's your target species?

Also you may want to cross over Tillery and go back in the Uwharrie River. Take the ultra light and catch some stray small mouth if you're lucky.

Thanks!

I catch mainly spotted up here. Sometimes a nice large mouth. When the bass aren't biting I grab the ultra light tackle and go for the pan fish.

Does the river run fast enough for it to be difficult to paddle against?

Getting to be that time of year again.

I started kayak fishing last year. Caught more fish in the past 5 years combined.

Anyone else kayak fish?

I put in at Lake Norman or mountain Island Lake. Would like to try badin Lake this year.

You bought a kayak just so you have an excuse not to take me out fishing anymore didn't you?

Hell, Bo in Monroe used to take me fishing then he sold his boat just so he wouldn't have to take me out. First he said the motor blew up, then he went and sold it!  

If I had feelings, they might be hurt over all this.  Not my fault I always out fished you guys. 

You bought a kayak just so you have an excuse not to take me out fishing anymore didn't you?

Hell, Bo in Monroe used to take me fishing then he sold his boat just so he wouldn't have to take me out. First he said the motor blew up, then he went and sold it!

If I had feelings, they might be hurt over all this. Not my fault I always out fished you guys.

Will have a second kayak this year if you want to go

Thanks!

I catch mainly spotted up here. Sometimes a nice large mouth. When the bass aren't biting I grab the ultra light tackle and go for the pan fish.

Does the river run fast enough for it to be difficult to paddle against?

That river is an easy paddle. I've done it in a canoe, years ago.

Used to be able to catch nice white bass in the mouth of that river in spring. Now they've been run out by the white perch for the most part.

That river is an easy paddle. I've done it in a canoe, years ago.

Used to be able to catch nice white bass in the mouth of that river in spring. Now they've been run out by the white perch for the most part.

That's happening all over. White perch are all over Lake Norman now

Archived