• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer

Jeremy Igo

I doubt it. The third is suppose to be his swan song. I don't see him handing over the franchise to someone else before employing one of baddest mofos in comic book history.

Quite possibly. I don't think anything is set in stone yet.

The newest rumor is Drew Goddard will write and direct the upcoming Marvel Spider-Man film. Lots of good info on that here: http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-marvel-and-sonys-spider-man-writer-and-director-revealed

The Russo brothers are directing Cap'n America Civil War and they have been rumored to be in line for the Avengers Infinity Wars movie, BUT they just signed a 3 picture deal with Sony...so who knows what the hell will happen.

Joss Whedon did say this Avengers sequel was the hardest work he has done and called it "a nightmare" trying to juggle all of the superheroes.

http://www.blastr.com/2015-3-4/joss-whedon-explains-why-making-avengers-2-was-nightmare

Yeap

I think Marvel is overdoing it now.  Might make it difficult for Batman vs Superman to succeed even if it beats the odds and is actually good. 

Batman v Supes is going to earn ~1 billion dollars, as is this Avengers sequel and Captan America: Civil War

Not as excited for this one. I'm not sure why.

Because the first time around the whole "Avengers" concept had never been done before. It was unprecedented to have all these characters in the same film.

This time it's not as new and fresh, but it'll still be awesome because there are great filmmakers involved.

Yeap

I think Marvel is overdoing it now.  Might make it difficult for Batman vs Superman to succeed even if it beats the odds and is actually good. 

I'm to the point of just not watching the trailers. Just let me know the release date, send me the tickets in the mail, and I'll go.

Given the inflation of movie prices and budgets and expectations, by the time it comes out, a billion could be considered mildly disappointing. ;)

you are right. Jaws was the first movie to go over $100mil and it took all summer. a billion dollars means nothing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/04/magazine/stop-blaming-jaws.html?_r=0

The original “Jaws,” released in 1975, was the first movie to make more than $100 million at the box office, and it has been blamed for every insipid summer blockbuster to hit the theaters ever since. For example: “ ‘Jaws’ whet corporate appetites for big profits quickly, which is to say studios wanted every film to be ‘Jaws,’ ” writes Peter Biskind in his 1998 book, “Easy Riders, Raging Bulls.” The movie’s success “single-handedly [drove] serious movies off the summertime calendar,” Walter Shapiro wrote in Slate in 2002. “Hollywood had been happy to hit for average,” John Podhoretz wrote in 2010 in The Weekly Standard. “After ‘Jaws,’ it began swinging for grand slams.”

• 3 weeks later...

Archived