• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gandhi was kind of a dick

Jeremy Igo

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1983/3/7/the-truth-about-gandhi-pbtbhe-movie/

"When Gandhi's wife was stricken with pneumonia, British doctors told her husband that a shot of penicillin would heal her; nevertheless, Gandhi refused to have alien medicine injected into her body, and she died. Soon after, Gandhi caught malaria and, relenting from the standard applied to his wife, allowed doctors to save his life with quinine. He also allowed British doctors to perform an appendectomy on him, an alien operation if ever there was one. "

If it weren't for religion and superstition holding back medicine, I truly believe we would have cured cancer (among many other things) by now. It's such a shame.

People should be able to do what they want with their bodies of corse, but not for others.

If it weren't for religion and superstition holding back medicine, I truly believe we would have cured cancer (among many other things) by now. It's such a shame.

People should be able to do what they want with their bodies of corse, but not for others.

politics and greed is what's holding back technological, medical, etc. advancement these days.  Just look at how long ago internal combustion was invented...

politics and greed is what's holding back technological, medical, etc. advancement these days. Just look at how long ago internal combustion was invented...

Henry ford built a car out of plastic soybean composite in 1941 that was 1000 pounds lighter than step cars and arguably much safer.

I'm sure the steel guys of the day were happy about that.

Archived