• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Safety Bernard Pollard released

CelibatePimp

Has there been a thread for any safety released yet? I don't see it. Safety is a position of need for us.

Yes, it is a position of need. But this wouldn't be anything more than another attempt at a band-aid until finding something better.  There are better safeties options available. 

Picking this guy up would be no different than a reach in the draft. Harper seems to be helpful for the younger guys. He played better as the season went on and hopefully we'll land in a position where value, need and a good strong safety meet. If so, we saved money AND were able to bring a piece in to grow with us not a stop gap. We've had too many of those over the years.

How is it a reach? He will come cheap and I am positive he will be faster than Harper. Isn't this draft thin at safety? I say bring him in and let him compete, due $3.1mil this season, he will come cheaper than that.

Also note how many ifs you have in your post, what IF we don't get a safety in the draft, then what?

Hey guys, Nikola Bogdanov just got released from his Bulgarian football team. He's 38, and has one leg but I should totally make a thread asking if the Panthers should sign him right?... Right?

Two questions #1 Can he play LT ?  #2 Can we get him at a reasonable price ? :)

There are lots of players who have come off tears and have played well. It all depends on the player. Godfrey came back and started playing nickel not safety. No telling how that affected his play too.

Plus, Godfrey was never worth a damn. Pollard can actually play.

Archived