• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much trust do you have in Gettleman/Rivera in Offensive Tackle evaluation?

Jeremy Igo

You simply can't go this long with UNDRAFTED free agents playing tackle. You have to pull the trigger and draft someone for god's sake. Who does that? Undrafted LT/RT and their back ups? Failing grade so far, D- at best. I would love for Gettleman to double dip at OL this year and cut these undrafted free agent types. 

If the Dolphins hadn't taken James (who very few had projected that high) we would have our LT because Gman has already commented on how highly they rated him. Which begs another question, JJ or KB.

James looks like he's going to be a very good OT. Can't complain too much since we did end up with Benjamin.

Rivera? Zero.

Gettleman? Remains to be seen.

pretty much where i am.

i have no faith in rivera's ability to see talent. i think he puts more stock into "he's trying really hard" than an actual ability to perform at a high level.

i trust gettleman in pretty much all facets except the OL. maybe he does know what he's doing and did a good job of spotting the talent he brought in last year, but he also brought in some real duds and he had much more faith in bell and chandler than was warranted. remmers  might be an indicator of what he can do, but he could just as much be either a happy accident we stumbled on or a flash in the pan. the jury is still bery much out on both remmers and gettleman re: OT.

i think gettleman's achilles heel will always be the DL. he's obsessed with it and it will be something that continues to come back and bite us in the ass because if he sees two people of equal talent, regardless of position and one of them is a DL guy, he's always going to go with the DL. it doesn't matter how stacked we are on the DL or how deficient the other position(s) are....the DL is always going to carry more weight in his decision.

If the Dolphins hadn't taken James (who very few had projected that high) we would have our LT because Gman has already commented on how highly they rated him. Which begs another question, JJ or KB.

Thinking about last year's team without KB is downright scary.

Archived