• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much trust do you have in Gettleman/Rivera in Offensive Tackle evaluation?

Jeremy Igo

Just curious. 

Obviously last year's starting tackles were very bad. Foucault was even worse. 

They did manage to find a decent player in Remmers, but he only saw playing time due to injury. 

So... moving forward to 2015... how much trust do you have in their ability to evaluate tackles? 

I think Oline talent is what Rivera knows the least about.  He's shown time and time again that he doesn't know to place the best players out there.

We seemed to have no choice in playing Bell, but goddamn, Chandler, Silatolu, and Kugbila are all linked to him. 

I think last year was a result of dealing with the Hurney cap situation and the OTs were more a product of the cap than Gettleman and Rivera truly believing they were the solution. So the jury is still out in my opinion.

I think last year was a result of dealing with the Hurney cap situation and the OTs were more a product of the cap than Gettleman and Rivera truly believing they were the solution. So the jury is still out in my opinion.

^^^ this

if we can't re-sign our own guys, how can we bring in decent L/R Tackles? Plus in the draft, the L/R Tackles went early.

btw where did some of those top tackle draft picks end up playing? at guard, so yeah I trust Gettleman's Tackle evals

We had a quart worth of roster holes, and only a pint worth of available solutions. Pint can't hold a quart, but the pint does the best it can

Archived