• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Psssst..... It's March.

Jeremy Igo

Less than two weeks until FA starts, interested to see what Gman does with a little bit of coin

No significant free agent signings. Free agents will consist of journeymen and old worn out players their former team no longer wanted to retain. Gettleman will have the money to spend, but no one of any value will speak with him outside of using the Panthers as leverage to get a better contract with another team. Free Agent acquisitions will be along the lines of Michael Oher, Jermaine Kearse, and Harry Douglas.

No extensions of any current key players this offseason, and no player's agent will entertain restructuring with Gettleman. This will lead to Charles Johnson being a June 1st cut and finding his way to Atlanta. Likely extensions would be Wes Horton, Melvin White, Amini Silatolu and maybe Frank Alexander. Doubt he will keep Brad Nortman out of free agency next offseason, but that is another possible extension.

I expect Gettleman to show no significant progress in contract negotiations with Cam Newton or Luke Kuechly this offseason. He will revert to using the franchise tag on Cam next offseason if Cam has a strong showing this season.

The Panthers will have money to spend next offseason, but no one of value who will want to take it. You will just get the song and dance free agents trying to collect a pay check like Cason and Avant.

That is what I expect knowing Gettleman's reputation in the league with players and agents.

No significant free agent signings. Free agents will consist of journeymen and old worn out players their former team no longer wanted to retain. Gettleman will have the money to spend, but no one of any value will speak with him outside of using the Panthers as leverage to get a better contract with another team. Free Agent acquisitions will be along the lines of Michael Oher, Jermaine Kearse, and Harry Douglas.

No extensions of any current key players this offseason, and no player's agent will entertain restructuring with Gettleman. This will lead to Charles Johnson being a June 1st cut and finding his way to Atlanta. Likely extensions would be Wes Horton, Melvin White, Amini Silatolu and maybe Frank Alexander. Doubt he will keep Brad Nortman out of free agency next offseason, but that is another possible extension.

I expect Gettleman to show no significant progress in contract negotiations with Cam Newton or Luke Kuechly this offseason. He will revert to using the franchise tag on Cam next offseason if Cam has a strong showing this season.

The Panthers will have money to spend next offseason, but no one of value who will want to take it. You will just get the song and dance free agents trying to collect a pay check like Cason and Avant.

That is what I expect knowing Gettleman's reputation in the league with players and agents.

so are you the most well connected poster on this site with tons of connections and eyes around the league or are you just talking out of your ass

e: nm just looked at your post history and you said in january that chandler/bell would be the starting tackle tandem for the next 2-3 years because our GM loves them so much lol

Aren't people who join a message board to tell others how pathetic their lives are just great? I wish we had one here. Preferably one that moved from the South to a city in the New England area.

I've got him on ignore but let me guess he's talking about how it's impossible to have a fulfilling life while talking about football on the internet during the off season again.

I'm also going to out on a limb and guess he posted that story about how he used to a freak like us with no life too

I've got him on ignore but let me guess he's talking about how it's impossible to have a fulfilling life while talking about football on the internet during the off season again.

I'm also going to out on a limb and guess he posted that story about how he used to a freak like us with no life too

Wow.. pretty much nailed it

Archived