• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm not so sure Carolina drafts a running back at all.

Jeremy Igo

May 2014:  Why did the Panthers draft another freaking back?  They already have a ton of them. 

October 2014: Chris Ogbonaya scores a touchdown on a sunday, wasn't on roster the prior Sunday

It's OK to have depth.  The top three were all hurt for a stretch last year.  That didn't get cut along with Deangelo. 

Jonathan Stewart

Mike Tolbert

Fozzy Whitaker

Darrin Reaves

Jonathan Stewart - Has played in 9, 6 and 13 games the last 3 seasons. Considering Stewart a 16 game starter is foolish at best.

Mike Tolbert - 30 year old running back averaged 2.1 ypc. Can fill a role in short yardage and as a blocking back.

Fozzy Whitaker - Could be a good role player.

Darrin Reaves  - Meh, averaged 2.5 ypc last year making DWill look like a Pro Bowler.

Panthers need some sort of infusion of talent at the RB position. 3rd or later draft pick or bargain free agent who wants to come to Carolina.

I don't like the stable of running backs currently inhabiting the roster and in Stewart and Tolbert's case, serious cap space.

This forum has come a long way

Back in the Fox era people were so gung ho about compulsively collecting running backs. Now it could be that the rationale a select group of posters gave (me included) finally got through to the rest of the group, especially when both Williams and Stewart got blockbuster deals and neither of them put in a 1000 yard season. Or it could be that people just go with the status quo and their defenses are ad hoc. Or both.

The idea of a franchise, do-it-all runningback is becoming more and more of a pipe dream. You're better off using a committee of guys that have different skill sets that complement each other like New England does. I'd rather have a 2nd starting receiver than a no.1 running back in this league.

Stewart is an injury away..

Tolbert is slow and fat, also an injury away..

Are we really cool sitting with fozzy and Reaves? Camon now.

You have no choice but to keep Stewart because the idiot Marty Hurney gave him a ridiculous contract. If you get 10 games out of Stewart in 2015 consider yourself lucky.

Dump Tolbert. save some cap room.

Retain Fozzy.

Reaves is gone.

Draft a RB 3rd round or later.

Fill another spot udfa or late free agent post June 1 signng.

Win

Archived