• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Landon Collins possibly slipping to #25?

gettlemanjack

Rather get Shaq Thompson and reverse TD him...

Or Gerrod Holliman and shift Boston over. With Holliman, Boston, Bene and Norman we could have some SOLID young ballhawks back there.

We have a franchise QB and we have to protect him. Cam isn't going to survive long if we keep subjecting him to the hits he's taken during his first four seasons. We gotta shore up this OL.

I don't want to reach on an OT, but it has to be addressed somehow.

If he slips to #25, DO IT. I can see why he'd slip because he doesn't have ideal measurables, but compare his measurables to one Jordan Gross. Very similar. If we could draft another Jordan Gross at #25 I'd be ALL OVER IT.

Thread is in reference to Landon of Bama, not La'el of LSU.

I'd be fine with either of those guys, though. 

March 1 Mock by Dane Brugler of CBS Sports has Landon Collins available when we pick, writing: "Collins has his limitations in coverage, but he plays with range and a downhill demeanor that fits the NFL."

his DB in the 1st R:

#13 - CB Trae Waynes, Mich State

#20 - CB Kevin Johnson, Wake Forest

[#21 - OLB Shaq Thompson, Washington]

#29 - SS Landon Collins, Alabama

#30 - CB Quinten Rollins, Miami (Ohio)

#31 - CB Marcus Peters, Washington

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft/expert/dane-brugler

Colins is decent in zone coverage, he's not excellent but I honestly think he can get better.

I've studied up on this guy, I hated the idea of drafting him but I've warmed up to it. He flies around a diagnoses plays nicely. And he canmak some amazing plays on the ball. I think if he's there, we'll take him.

• 3 weeks later...

at least three mocks came out today that have Landon falling to us. All three have us passing on him

Landon Collins taken at:

#27 - WithTheFirstPick.com (has us taking Owamagbe Odighizuwa)

#29 - Dane Brugler of CBS (has us taking Humphries)

#29 - Dan Kadar of Mocking The Draft (has us taking Humphries)

Panthers have a workout scheduled with Landon tomorrow

in his latest mock, ex-scout Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com writes this about Landon [who he has going #22]: "Collins can play safety on run downs and slide down to nickel linebacker in passing situations."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/245602

Couple of thoughts here on Collins:

- Think he is more Ha-Ha than Barron

- Think he fits what McD wants out of his SS

- Think the Panthers would rather find a gnarly FS and slide Boston over to SS, so Collins wouldn't make sense if this is their thoughts.

- Think Collins gets snagged before #25

Couple of thoughts here on Collins:

- Think he is more Ha-Ha than Barron

- Think he fits what McD wants out of his SS

- Think the Panthers would rather find a gnarly FS and slide Boston over to SS, so Collins wouldn't make sense if this is their thoughts.

- Think Collins gets snagged before #25

HaHa was known as a coverage Safety when coming out of college.  Given all of the evaluations of Collins saying he has limitations in coverage and is more of a box safety, how can you say he is more like HaHa than Barron.

Collins evaluation and write-ups read exactly like Barron's did when he came out.

Archived