• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just had U-verse Internet installed.

Jeremy Igo

attachicon.gif1424704957222.jpg

13mbps... Was only getting 3 on a good day with Time Warner. Not bad for 20 dollars less a month.

3 with TWC? I have their basic package and routinely get 15.5-16, which is a little above what they advertise.

I inquired about Uverse at one point, but their internet rate was only less for a year. Then they jacked the price up after 12 months and it was the same as TWC, but for half the speed. Obviously not applicable to you if you were really only getting 3 mbps with TWC, but it wasn't a good choice for me.

I'm genuinely curious as to how that happened.

How does an internet connection fry the mainboard of a TV?

I don't know the technicalities of it, but Uverse TV isn't just through the internet. There was a box connected to the power lines by a technician. I've heard from several other folks that had the exact same thing happen.

ATT did not cover the $300 cost to fix it....but they have sent me THREE Visa $100 gift cards by mistake, so that kind of makes up for it.

3 with TWC? I have their basic package and routinely get 15.5-16, which is a little above what they advertise.

I inquired about Uverse at one point, but their internet rate was only less for a year. Then they jacked the price up after 12 months and it was the same as TWC, but for half the speed. Obviously not applicable to you if you were really only getting 3 mbps with TWC, but it wasn't a good choice for me.

You can order different levels of MBPS with U-verse. I get 20+ MBPS with U-verse. As far as costs go, I am not sure what I am paying in comparison to TWC but it is worth it as TWC poo doesn't work half the time.

Plus you can go and whine to AT&T support after a year and they will usually get you back on the same plan after 12 months

Actually TWC's basic package is 6Mbps so you must have the one up for that. They also have one that is 2Mbps. 

I have their Extreme 30Mbps getting installed next Monday. Working from home with 3Mbps using Windstream has been a nightmare but that is the highest they offered in my area. 

Switched from Comcast here in Atlanta to Uverse when we bought a new house a few months ago. With DirecTV and Uverse, we are saving about $100 a month as comapred to TV+internet with Comcast. 

The kicker is the customer service though. I didn't think anything could get worse than Time Warner but once I moved down here, Comcast quickly proved that they were capable of sucking with even greater intensity and frequency. Sure, AT&T is not known for exceptional customer service but when I had my new service installed, the service guy basically said the following after installing everything:

"Would you mind if I was here for a couple more hours? It is not a requirement for your service but they would like us to start upgrading infrastructure when it makes sense so I want to run a new line to your house."

Couple of hours later and I had fiber direct to the house.

Oh and our neighborhood is almost certain to get Google fiber too.

There are not enough hateful adjectives in the English language to describe Comcast and Time Warner.

You can order different levels of MBPS with U-verse. I get 20+ MBPS with U-verse. As far as costs go, I am not sure what I am paying in comparison to TWC but it is worth it as TWC poo doesn't work half the time.

Plus you can go and whine to AT&T support after a year and they will usually get you back on the same plan after 12 months

ATT/Uverse retention is really simple. Call the customer care number, say "cancel Uverse" and you get the retentions dept. (my retention agent was actually based in Charlotte). Ask nicely for any promotions to stay with Uverse. Again, ask nicely. Just did this two weeks ago.

Archived