• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Combine-- DL and LBs

XClown1986

Leon Orr...good luck to the team that drafts that idiot. Arguing with the 40yd dash guy where to put his hand. "I want to put it where I want to put it." Not to mention he left his team and finally booted from the team by Muschamp. Textbook deifnition of a head case.

That's the point in the evaluation process where a scout takes out a pen and next to his name scribbles the word 'dumbass'.

That step or two is very important.  Chancellor is a very, very good player, but he's allowed a lot of freedom in that secondary because he's playing beside Earl Thomas who is in my opinion the best coverage safety in the NFL.  When you have a guy like that playing center field, it really frees up Chancellor to do what he does best - lay the wood.

I agree his game speed is fast, but it's LB fast, not safety fast. 

Well he ran a 4.64 his second time.  Like I said, there's very little difference in a 40 and I don't put much stock in them.

I do see your point, I just think Shaq's coverage skills are much better than you give him credit for. 

I watched a few of their games all the way through during the season since my friend is a Washington graduate and I liked what I saw.  

Let's just put it this way. His coverage skills are a thousand times better than Roman Harper's and he managed to have a pretty nice career. 

Well he ran a 4.64 his second time.  Like I said, there's very little difference in a 40 and I don't put much stock in them.

I do see your point, I just think Shaq's coverage skills are much better than you give him credit for. 

I watched a few of their games all the way through during the season since my friend is a Washington graduate and I liked what I saw.  

Let's just put it this way. His coverage skills are a thousand times better than Roman Harper's and he managed to have a pretty nice career. 

Hey, if he can do it more power to him.  If we think he can be Kam Chancellor, then hell, bring him on in!  That bastard damn near single handedly beat us in that playoff game.  Holy hell, that was honestly one of the best single game DB performances I've ever seen in the NFL.  The dude dominated.  The INT for the TD was just the icing on the cake.  There were several plays that he made, had he not made the play we were going for a BIG gain.

Hey, if he can do it more power to him.  If we think he can be Kam Chancellor, then hell, bring him on in!  That bastard damn near single handedly beat us in that playoff game.  Holy hell, that was honestly one of the best single game DB performances I've ever seen in the NFL.  The dude dominated.  The INT for the TD was just the icing on the cake.  There were several plays that he made, had he not made the play we were going for a BIG gain.

One thing that would work as an advantage is that he is only 20 years old.  With his athleticism and the leaders on the defense, he could probably coached up very well. 

Who knows where the hell he goes, though.  The first round is really hard to project this year. 

10 Year NFL OLB Scott Shanle @scottshanle 1h

Shaq Thompson by far the most athletic looking 4-3 weak

side linebacker prospect.

NFL.com Gil Brandt @ Gil_Brandt 21m

Talked to 2 teams, both say Shaq Thompson 's position in

NFL has to be SS. Had excellent workouts, really smart.

#NFLCombine

Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko 2h

Shaq Thompson 's movement skills in drills on another level.

Shaq Thompson beat Kam Chancellor's 4.60 in the Simulcast

I just went back and timed Shaq Thompson myself (yea I

know) had him right around 4.60

NFL Network @ nflnetwork 2h

Shaq Thompson officially ran a 4.64

That would leave 1mil for all these FA people wanna sign. The math doesn't lie.......it's damn near impossible.

Not sure of rules, but it would be nice to tag and lower draft pick ransom to one first rd pick

there is going to be some restructuring, some cuts, some money carried over and the cap will rise by x-amount. It's really all up to the FO if they want to keep Kraken and I just can't imagine them not cutting him before now if they weren't planning on getting some kind of return on all those millions he was paid to watch the games on Sunday. it just doesn't make any sense to have kept him on the roster.

the only FA I can see us bringing in is Royal or Ginn. the FO can get talent for need at BPA and having a healthy Cam is gonna make a big difference and keep us at the top of the NFCS.

all about the eye test. if a guy moves like an NFL-caliber athlete, is built like one and has the demeanor of one....its s pretty good bet he is one. the whole quack waddle duck thing.

True.

Ive always thought of the combine as a solidifier. If a dude as good tape, scouts want to see that followed up by a good work out. If he can do that, it solidifies him in his draft position.

Ex: Kevin White

It can also be an opportunity for a player to turn some heads, and have scouts go back and look at a guy that they might have skimmed over.

Ex: the WR from UGA

We run into trouble when people get so caught up in measurables that its all they consider. A dude could be hurcules but it may not translate to the football field. U can be fast all you want in undies but if you dont know what your doing or if you dont have the heart and effort, it dont fuggin matter lol.

Thats why I love DG. Hes a film guy. A bottom line guy..

..do we need to pull up andrew norwells combine numbers?

Archived