• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Combine-- DL and LBs

XClown1986

Hey.. what does the tape say?

You can be a workout warrior all you want but how does that translate to the tape?

If he backs it up on the field then great, but i have a feeling some of you guys have the mindset of every retard team that picks in the top ten year in and year out.

I know nothing about fowler btw but im just saying

this would be the time to do it. we've got Ealy and Johnson. Alexander is back and our conference is drafting high enough to get the possible pro bowlers out of the top of this draft.

without an impact player to draft, we lose, imo, our best defensive player and he could go to Atlanta, where they pair him with Beasley and we get smothered by their revamped front 7 vs our weak OL.

get it done Gettleman. Hardy has to be signed one way or the other just so we can keep him away from The NFCS.

Let me break it down for you why it just doesn't happen.

One, a player with trade value isn't going to sign a deal without significant guaranteed money.  If you trade a player with significant guaranteed money on their deal, you're gonna have to eat that on your cap.  Two, a player isn't going to sign a deal just to be traded.  Why?  Just negotiate a deal with the team of your choice.

He played in a 4-3 defense.

College scheme matters almost zero in terms of NFL projections.  Everything about his measurements and style of play screams 3-4 NT and he'll likely have more value to those 3-4 teams.  Good 3-4 NTs are tough to find.  Everyone focuses on the edge rushers in the 3-4 because they're the guys putting up the sack stats, but it's that NT that makes or breaks a 3-4 D.  If you don't have a beast of a man holding down that nose you're gonna get eaten up.

One, a player with trade value isn't going to sign a deal without significant guaranteed money. If you trade a player with significant guaranteed money on their deal, you're gonna have to eat that on your cap. Two, a player isn't going to sign a deal just to be traded. Why? Just negotiate a deal with the team of your choice.

franchise tag

To those who were talking about Shaq Thompson as a potential SS... forget about that. 4.72.

His game speed is fast. I'm glad he ran a 4.72, it means he might just drop a few spots since some of the other LBs showed surprising 40 speed today.

Kam Chancellor ran a 4.62.

There is very little difference in the two speeds, like a step or two.

I'm wanting to know what the big hype on drafting Shaq to come in and play SS. I haven't watched to many highlights of his. Just because he is a good athlete and can hit hard doesn't mean he's going to be a stud SS.

Look at Taylor Mays that came out of USC several years back. Waaaay more athletic and would lay someone out, but hasn't been good in coverage at all. (Btw he's a FA this year if looking for a cheap stop gap at SS)

His game speed is fast. I'm glad he ran a 4.72, it means he might just drop a few spots since some of the other LBs showed surprising 40 speed today.

Kam Chancellor ran a 4.62.

There is very little difference in the two speeds, like a step or two.

That step or two is very important.  Chancellor is a very, very good player, but he's allowed a lot of freedom in that secondary because he's playing beside Earl Thomas who is in my opinion the best coverage safety in the NFL.  When you have a guy like that playing center field, it really frees up Chancellor to do what he does best - lay the wood.

I agree his game speed is fast, but it's LB fast, not safety fast. 

One, a player with trade value isn't going to sign a deal without significant guaranteed money. If you trade a player with significant guaranteed money on their deal, you're gonna have to eat that on your cap. Two, a player isn't going to sign a deal just to be traded. Why? Just negotiate a deal with the team of your choice.

The short of it!

Archived