• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok, I need a meat and potatoes break down of who will actually be there at 25 realistically

PanthersUnited

@Gil_Brandt: Talked to 2 teams, both say Shaq Thompson's position in NFL has to be SS. Had excellent workouts, really smart. #NFLCombine

Definitely in play at 25 for us if he is there.

Guys on nfl network are saying rb. And that he isn't in the top fifty. Add the fact that he really wants to stay at linebacker and I'm not sure he's ideal for here.

No way is Strong going top 10. Cooper, White and Parker will certainly be drafted ahead of him. 

After the success of the rookie WRs last season, I wouldn't be surprised to see some WRs get overdrafted this year.  Still though, I agree with you that Strong is probably the #4 WR on most teams' boards and I can't see 4 WRs going in the top 10.  If strong is on the board at #25, I'd be all over him though.

As it sits right now in terms of guys who I think are reasonable to be available at #25, Strong and Eric Fisher are neck and neck for me.

If we can get him in the second even better. Guy is a football player.

I would love him in the second. I don't know where he'd play but someone will find a spot for him. I think someone takes a chance in the first or early second. I don't think it's a gettlemen style pick to take a guy in the first based soley on athletic ability without knowing for sure where he will fit.

I would love him in the second. I don't know where he'd play but someone will find a spot for him. I think someone takes a chance in the first or early second. I don't think it's a gettlemen style pick to take a guy in the first based soley on athletic ability without knowing for sure where he will fit.

If we took him at #25, I'm pretty sure Gettleman and the staff would know what they were planning on doing with him.  I could easily see him fitting into the same type of "joker" role that TD played his rookie season.  Then again, let's be honest, we basically drafted TD to be a Vick stopper.

If you add together all the guys people here said "there's NO WAY he's going to last to 25!!!" then there's like 60-80 players that will be picked ahead of us.

we could trade up to number 2 overall and there would still be a portion of this board convinced there was no way anybody was going to fall to us.

Archived