• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok, I need a meat and potatoes break down of who will actually be there at 25 realistically

PanthersUnited

This is the right way to think about it from a fan's perspective.  Just think about who for sure is gone. 

Expect one or two Bruce Irvin/Marcus Smith type picks and then you'll have an idea of a handful of guys who should be available. 

WR wise, I think someone will reach for Devin Smith. 

WRs:  Cooper, White, Parker, Smith (4)

QBs: Mariota, Winston (2)

OL:  Scherff, Peat, Clemmings, Collins (4)

DL: L. Williams, Ray, Brown, Dupree, Shelton  (5)

OLB: Gregory, Fowler, Thompson, Beasley (4)

DB: Waynes, L Collins, J Collins (3)

That's 22 guys I'm thinking could be gone.  If one is there, grab him...minus the QBs of course.  I think Flowers may take a slide but at the same time, don't think it would be a given we pick him. 

How I'd rank the next available:

Humphries OT

Jaelen Strong WR

Owa Odi DE

Paul Dawson OLB

Armstead DE

Jordan Phillips DT

Goldman DT

Fisher OT

Flowers OT

Pretty close.  I am willing to guess that our pick is on this list--although I would throw in one of the Collins CBs.  I also think Armstead could go to a 3-4 DE team.  Dawson has off field concerns, so I am guessing we steer clear,

What I think does not matter--I see Gettlemen liking O.O. DE from UCLA, Flowers, or Strong.   Of course, free agency might change a few things.

Pretty close.  I am willing to guess that our pick is on this list--although I would throw in one of the Collins CBs.  I also think Armstead could go to a 3-4 DE team.  Dawson has off field concerns, so I am guessing we steer clear,

What I think does not matter--I see Gettlemen liking O.O. DE from UCLA, Flowers, or Strong.   Of course, free agency might change a few things.

I hear ya.  Dawson's concerns were for aderal and being late a few times though.  He actually submitted a nice piece on his own part to SI that talked about his situation.  Apparently he won back over his college coaches.  (I'll have to find a link) 

I know we met with Flowers but I don't like the concerns I've seen raised about him. 

My dream is any one of the Collins (SS, CB, or OT) falling to us haha. 

Outside of that, I think Odi, Strong, and Humphries are good bets. 

God I really hope we can get a young talent at tackle in the first

It hasn't happened in an early round with Dave, but we may get a 1st round Bene situation on our hands. 

If a guy we really want like let's say La'el Collins is still available at like 17-21, I could see us making a modest trade up.

It hasn't happened in an early round with Dave, but we may get a 1st round Bene situation on our hands.

If a guy we really want like let's say La'el Collins is still available at like 17-21, I could see us making a modest trade up.

Yeah collins is my guy so I would love that, but I'll be happy with whatever we get at 25, Dave's shown we can rely on him there

Archived