• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok, I need a meat and potatoes break down of who will actually be there at 25 realistically

PanthersUnited

So far this draft seems all over the place. I hear a lot of chatter of pipe dreams of this OT being there, that WR being there but non seem realistic. So anyone out there that knows a thing or two can give any insight on who will actually LIKELY be avaliable?!

For instance, ive heard Andrus Peat's name thrown around but is really any chance he is there at 25? Same goes for Ereck Flowers, im sorry but those two prospects being there at 25 is a pipe dream.

Kevin White is gone, im hearing Jalen Strong might now be a top 10 pick. DGB will ge there most likely.

So break it down for me, lets hear it, enough with the pipe dreams of Ereck Flowers and Andrus peat because both will be long gone, Who is it that is a solid player that has a legit shot being there at 25?

It's too early to tell. Dave Gettleman philosophy is to use free agency to setup the draft. He will most likely go into free agency and shop bargains and try to feel areas of need there. When the draft rolls around, he wants the team in a position to take best player available regardless. It doesn't matter if we have the luxury at the position or not. The best player on the board the Panthers will be drafting.

Ain't no telling. It all depends on what the 24 in front of us think.

I think between now and draft day there will be threads about more than 30 players who we could draft but will be taken before we pick at 25. Players will move up and down but generally, you are in a position to get a really good player in the first round. Let the OT and WRs jump up and have a Safety or DE fall.

We have a young core and are about to cycle thru a lot of vet contracts that will allow us to build. Problem is that those contracts will be replaced with new ones for guys like Cam Luke and Star. This is why I don't concentrate on the 1st round. Round 1 has been pretty much chalk but 2-7 are extremely important.

Last year we picked up what I see as 4 starters/core players in those rounds(Ealy, Turner, Boston and Bene) then grabbed Norwell as an UDFA. Not diminishing the contribution of Benjamin at all but the real value of the draft came later IMO.

I don't want to poo poo speculation because it's entertaining as hell and that's all we can do at this point but thought I would interject a different perspective.

As far as receivers go... I think the 5-6 most likely to be there that you can make a claim for snagging in the first round (in no particular order) are Strong, DGB, Nelson Agholor, Breshad Perriman, Devin Smith, and Sammie Coates. No idea who Gettleman and the scouts prefer out of that group of receivers but he's going to have his choice between some dang good ones if we want a pass catcher at 25. What I do know is Gettleman wants speed to get vertical and wants a guy that didn't just blow up the combine but has production to back it up plus displays traits that translate to the NFL. Each of the receivers listed above have some great strengths to their game and some weaknesses. We'll have a better idea who they are targeting when we work guys out privately in Charlotte or at their respective schools.

Strong hasn't established enough to be a Top 10 pick.

DGB is not gonna be drafted in the first round. We can bet on that right now.

As for Flowers, he's a natural RT. He'll be there at 25th. One could argue Flowers will be there in the second round too.

We'll likely draft a DE, OLB or DB in the first.

How can you talk in absolutes when we are drafting 25th in a draft that is pretty deep overall? You presented everything you just wrote as fact and a sure thing.

Strong hasn't established enough to be a Top 10 pick.

DGB is not gonna be drafted in the first round. We can bet on that right now.

As for Flowers, he's a natural RT. He'll be there at 25th. One could argue Flowers will be there in the second round too.

We'll likely draft a DE, OLB or DB in the first.

I'll take that bet. DGB goes first round. Loser never posts here again.

La'el Collins OT, Andrus Peat OT, Erekk Flowers OT, Shaq Thompson OLB/SS, Alvin Dupree DE, Arik Armstead DE, or Owamagbe Odighizuwa DE.

The OTs or Shaq if they fall to the Panthers. Otherwise it will be a DE imo. Quality #2 WRs going into the 2nd and 3rd round. Quality OTs going in the 2nd round.

I would love to see:

1- Shaq Thompson SS/OLB

2- Jake Fisher OT 

3- Cedric Ogbuehi OT

4- Ty Montgomery WR

5- Ladarius Gunter CB

6- Ray Drew DE

7- Cassius Sendish S/CB

Then again this will all change in the next two months as some fall and some rise.

How can you talk in absolutes when we are drafting 25th in a draft that is pretty deep overall? You presented everything you just wrote as fact and a sure thing.

just let him do his thing, he did it last year too and we all had a good time making fun of him in one of the draft threads.

Archived