• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and Cam Newton in contract talks

bLACKpANTHER

saying Cam doesn't want Kapernick's contract isn't saying much when you look at it again. Cam Newton obviously deserves a real franchise QB contract to start.

I'm hoping something like 6 years 108 million with 70 guaranteed will be enough but meh. Probably won't.

We have holes that need to be filled via F/A before the draft. I'd prefer to not shop at the dollar store for the next 6 years. Don't forget we need to give Olsen, Keeks and possibly Hardy contracts. Don't forget about Norman either.

You're a KH fan so I like you but take a breather... Let everything play out lol, you think gettleman gutting the roster last year was just cuz he wanted to go through the same thing again in 2 years? Plus the cap is gonna rise significantly and there's more $$ coming off the books in the near future.

We have holes that need to be filled via F/A before the draft. I'd prefer to not shop at the dollar store for the next 6 years. Don't forget we need to give Olsen, Keeks and possibly Hardy contracts. Don't forget about Norman either.

Hardy contract?

Teammate lobbying aside, I'm still pretty sure that ain't happenin'

You're a KH fan so I like you but take a breather... Let everything play out lol, you think gettleman gutting the roster last year was just cuz he wanted to go through the same thing again in 2 years? Plus the cap is gonna rise significantly and there's more $$ coming off the books in the near future.

I can't calm down damnit! I feel like that chick from Airplane lol. My beloved franchise has been in the shitter up until recently because of Hurney drafting after the second round and the cap. Do you really blame me for freaking out a little bit at the thought of going through cap hell all over again? I worry some don't see the big picture sometimes. I need an ambien and a Prozac right about now.

If luck gets 25 million a year then his deal will probably be somewhere around 6 years 150 million that is fuging insane

Think about it this way... If we had drafted him just a year earlier, we would have payed him a rookie contract of somewhere around 80-90 million overall. We had a bargain with him, he's played well, and now it's time to pay him. Edited by TN05
  • Pie 5

I'm hoping something like 6 years 108 million with 70 guaranteed will be enough but meh. Probably won't.

70 guaranteed would be the most in the league and I am fairly positive Cam and his boys would take that. Don't think G-man would hand out 70 guaranteed. Much more likely to be something like 40-50 guaranteed and total 22-24 per year with cap hits backloaded.

I'd rather have those holes than a massive gaping hole at qb that can be filled with a guy like cam. That said, once again, draft will be key
  • Pie 2