• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jameis Winston's football IQ compared to Peyton Manning's, report says.

Dex

Matt Ryan threw 19 and was a senior...

That moron!

Didn't mean to come across saying Winston is a moron. On the field at least. Heck, I even said he could be the greatest to ever play. He has the physical tools, no doubt. Just from the games I watched him play this year, he doesn't strike me as Peyton, Brees, Brady type QB.

Matt Ryan threw 19 and was a senior...

That moron!

Didn't mean to come across saying Winston is a moron. On the field at least. Heck, I even said he could be the greatest to ever play. He has the physical tools, no doubt. Just from the games I watched him play this year, he doesn't strike me as Peyton, Brees, Brady type QB.

I am not convinced that Winston is a slam dunk franchise QB in the NFL.

He sometimes has a hitch in his swing, and has bouts with inaccuracy.

I know there have been scouts talking about how great his accuracy is, but I saw him struggle with it some this past season, and his mechanics seemed to regress from his first season.

I wonder if it is because if this weakness in his shoulder that he is having checked out, but he wound up to throw sometimes this past season and it slowed down his release.

I don't doubt his intelligence though

Stop race baiting.

Race-baiting? "Very articulate" = I BELIEVE YOU ARE INTELLIGENT. And yes, white folks are the ones usually passing judgment based on how people "speak." Some of the most ARTICULATE people I've met can't write or think worth a d@mn. How intelligent is that? You sound good when you open your mouth, but try to put words on paper (which matters a lot in professional settings) and your brain turns to mush. 

What about "geography-baiting"? You don't think a lot of people from other parts of the country consider southerners to be less intelligent, in large part, due to their drawls/accents?

Twitter and Facebook prove that people (overwhelmingly "white") think Cam Newton and Jameis Winston are stupid because they aren't as "articulate" as a guy like Russell Wilson. Why not acknowledge that fact? It's relevant to this topic.   :geek:

If the people who do think that have faulty criteria, they ought to hear about it.  

Evil genius?

Being smarter than he lets on. 

Getting into trouble all the time and playing stupid when he does.

Maybe he wanted people to think he was stupid?

Maybe he was just stringing us all along because he's smarter than the rest of us (collectively)?

In the end, I was jokingly trying to make sense of this information, since most people never expected to hear this, especially after all the dumb things he's done off the field.

Be like if Johnny Manziel had gotten the highest Wonderlic score ever after having one of the worst off the field reputations ever

Archived