• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 Chaos, 2015 Hope?

ShowTimeShow

Though I only recently created an account, I've been a daily browser for a few years... suffice it to say that the Huddle is a major consumer of my downtime.

That being said, last year's offseason exploded our fanbase. I still have random people in public notice my shirt, key ring, or car tag and decide to tell me how wrong the Panthers were with Smitty. Some claim to be "dedicated" fans who "just stopped trusting" our FO and even stopped watching.

*****From the average, casual Panther fan's perspective:*****

What drastic move(s) this year do you believe could counter the implosion of last year? Signing a great FA, Gettlemagic in the draft, coaching overhaul... or does it just have to be a ring?

Good, calculated free-agent signings that fit needs.

Followed by a strong draft class and group of UDFAs to compete.

A third straight NFC South Championship and a playoff run through BOA Stadium capped by a stomping of Andrew Luck and the Colts in Super Bowl 50. 

I have 100% confidence in Gettleman going forward with regards to FA, the Draft, and managing our cap going forward.

keeping the Kraken, locking in Cam, signing a vet LT as a stop gap until we can get a franchise OT, drafting a 1st round safety if Vic Beasley isn't still on the board. drafting a #2 receiver, cutting Deangelo and Tolbert. restructuring CJ. signing Eddie Royal or Ted Ginn and getting a new special teams coach.

If you look at my avatar you know I am a big Smitty fan and hated to see him go. But if you a fan of the team and not particular players you have to see what is best in the long term not the short term. People who don't agree with that philosophy will always be swayed positively or negatively by adding or deleting players. No matter who we pick up or don't, my feelings about the Panthers won't change. Some years it is simply easier to be fan than others,

keeping the Kraken, locking in Cam, signing a vet LT as a stop gap until we can get a franchise OT, drafting a 1st round safety if Vic Beasley isn't still on the board. drafting a #2 receiver, cutting Deangelo and Tolbert. restructuring CJ. signing Eddie Royal or Ted Ginn and getting a new special teams coach.

The last item on the list has already happened

I'm a huge Clemson fan....and I would HATE us going after Beasley

I'm down with the rest except Hardy

Though I only recently created an account, I've been a daily browser for a few years... suffice it to say that the Huddle is a major consumer of my downtime.

That being said, last year's offseason exploded our fanbase. I still have random people in public notice my shirt, key ring, or car tag and decide to tell me how wrong the Panthers were with Smitty. Some claim to be "dedicated" fans who "just stopped trusting" our FO and even stopped watching.

*****From the average, casual Panther fan's perspective:*****

What drastic move(s) this year do you believe could counter the implosion of last year? Signing a great FA, Gettlemagic in the draft, coaching overhaul... or does it just have to be a ring?

Welcome to the Huddle.

I don't believe drastic moves would benefit us all that much.  Our patient approach is working.  The front office has been killer in drafting and as long as they do a better job of protecting Cam, I'm happy.  Drastic moves are what got us into this mess and I am looking forward to more sustained success over the next decade.  Then being able to get the right player at the right position instead of throwing tons of money because it's such a position of need.

I'm a huge Clemson fan....and I would HATE us going after Beasley

I'm down with the rest except Hardy

I just see Beasley as more of a QB pressuring Thomas Davis. just wondering the reasons you don't want him as s Panther?.

thinking about that linebacking corp of TD, Luke and Beasley makes me fap. Luke takes the TE and the middle. TD gets the RB and the left edge and Vick pressures the edges and replaces TD after his time as a Panther is done.

Vick just passes the eye test for me and his physicality is second to none.

Good, calculated free-agent signings that fit needs.

Followed by a strong draft class and group of UDFAs to compete.

A third straight NFC South Championship and a playoff run through BOA Stadium capped by a stomping of Andrew Luck and the Colts in Super Bowl 50. 

That sounds amazing.

3 playoff wins this year as a top 2 seed.

Why, yes, that might do it.

Welcome to the Huddle.

I don't believe drastic moves would benefit us all that much.  Our patient approach is working.  The front office has been killer in drafting and as long as they do a better job of protecting Cam, I'm happy.  Drastic moves are what got us into this mess and I am looking forward to more sustained success over the next decade.  Then being able to get the right player at the right position instead of throwing tons of money because it's such a position of need.

Thanks! I absolutely agree.

Archived