• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Combine Thread - Offensive Line

Jeremy Igo

Takoby Cofield OT out of Duke looks like a player. Good size and experience.

La'el Collins looks impressive physically. Well proportioned upper and lower body.

There have, supposedly, been whispers from scouts that Collins doesnt have the body for LT-and as a guy that's seen him up close, it's utter rubbish. The guy is long, blocky, and is all muscle. Either that guy was smokescreening or he should be fired.

The guy is a LT.

It's that time of year again folks, where all the enticing prospects get conveniently projected to go the 8 or so media beloved teams, regardless of whether or not it makes sense within the draft's order, whereas the rest of us for some reason take 3rd round picks so quality players can oh so coincidentally make it down to New England or Seattle.

There have, supposedly, been whispers from scouts that Collins doesnt have the body for LT-and as a guy that's seen him up close, it's utter rubbish. The guy is long, blocky, and is all muscle. Either that guy was smokescreening or he should be fired.

The guy is a LT.

Only question I have about Collins is his ability to keep his weight up or even gain a few pounds. At one point he was reportedly 320 and at the combine was 305. I'm not sure if the 320 report was exaggerated or if he dropped 15 because that is where he felt most comfortable to perform at the combine. I'll take his athleticism at the position and his nastiness over arm length all day. 

Only question I have about Collins is his ability to keep his weight up or even gain a few pounds. At one point he was reportedly 320 and at the combine was 305. I'm not sure if the 320 report was exaggerated or if he dropped 15 because that is where he felt most comfortable to perform at the combine. I'll take his athleticism at the position and his nastiness over arm length all day.

Look at Jordan Gross. After 6 months of being out of the league he looked like a cancer patient.

I'm not too worried about athletic Oline guys because with strength and conditioning coaches in the NFL they can typically stay at whatever weight is needed for them.

Archived