• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers met with Texas A&M OT Cedric Ogbuehi

Jeremy Igo

Can we please fuging stop wasting draft picks on projects and injured players?

It's that simple. No need to take that chance when there is talent at other places of need or other healthy players at the same position.

We still have holes to fill and also have to find potential replacements for aging players. Also need to be deep at certain positions.

Trade out 1st and take him early 2nd

How about not taking him at all

I'm tired of the project players with red flags with the word hope on them. Draft someone that can protect Cam NOW. Not 2016, Not 2017 NOW. And rounds 1 to 5 should not be picked on projects. This franchise should know better by now.

From JJ's twitter :

JJ is referring to Gettleman saying "poor kid" after Dave asked about Cedric's injury.

The Panthers have met with him which definitely means there is interest.

Would you be OK with taking him and sitting him a season? In what round?

Jeremy, are the Panthers interested in Nate Orchard? I heard back in late January the Panthers talked with him. What is your impression because he could be a sleeper pick imo.

So explain Brandon Thomas then, because he blew his ACL out in early April (I believe that's the right time frame) and was drafted in the third....

I can't explain it. I'm just giving an example of a guy who had a serious injury DURING the college season who was projected a top 100 pick that went undrafted. Simply a commentary on the unpredictable nature of the draft compounded by the enigmas that are serious injuries.

On top of that...Hurst ended up being a starter for the Ravens at RT I believe. I don't really know what ended up happening with Thomas. Im not hating on Ogbuehi...in fact his injury could be another Lotulelei "heart defect" that causes him to drop. Not by a few picks but by a few rounds.

So explain Brandon Thomas then, because he blew his ACL out in early April (I believe that's the right time frame) and was drafted in the third....

Right, but he was drafted by the niners who had multiple picks last year. They did the same with Lattimore the year before and that gamble didn't work out. They could afford to draft and redshirt players.

Id sacrifice a 4th if we felt he might play this year but id rather just not go there at all.

How about not taking him at all

I'm tired of the project players with red flags with the word hope on them. Draft someone that can protect Cam NOW. Not 2016, Not 2017 NOW. And rounds 1 to 5 should not be picked on projects. This franchise should know better by now.

Because every Draft pick rounds 1-5 is an instant contributor on every playoff team except ours.....

For fugs sake some of you people have ridiculously unrealistic expectations.

What are you talking about? Ealy had a pretty good year for a rookie DE.

I'm not trashing Kony by any means. I am glad we got him and he did come on strong towards the end of the season but his impact was minimal. What I was trying to say is translate Kony's season to say what we'd get out of a rookie wr in the 2nd of this years draft. Which we could then expect about a 400 yardish season. I personally would rather draft a player that could potentially have a higher impact than someone who could still be good in the future but still only has minimal production his rookie season. I know we've gotten burned by project players before and we've yet to really have one pan out for us, but I do like Ogbuehi as a prospect he was pretty good for Texas A&M.

The people who know who Ogbuehi is and the ones who don't are really showing themselves right now. "Don't draft him at all"...."project"....hahahaha

I only call him a project because he is going to miss a good chunk of his rookie season which is hard for anybody and he'll already start off his NFL career with a pretty serious injury so that to me makes him a bit of a project. I do like him as a player though hopefully he can hold up.

I can't explain it. I'm just giving an example of a guy who had a serious injury DURING the college season who was projected a top 100 pick that went undrafted. Simply a commentary on the unpredictable nature of the draft compounded by the enigmas that are serious injuries.

On top of that...Hurst ended up being a starter for the Ravens at RT I believe. I don't really know what ended up happening with Thomas. Im not hating on Ogbuehi...in fact his injury could be another Lotulelei "heart defect" that causes him to drop. Not by a few picks but by a few rounds.

Gman is not in the business of taking chances. He wants players that can/will contribute immediately. Even in the later rounds.

I truly believe he has the instincts to round out his roster.

For the first time since Polian left, we have a smart football guy in charge. Anybody with a ounce of sense will just love that thought.

If you have seen nothing in the last two years. I can't help you. If you have seen the direction we are headed. Welcome to the party.

Because every Draft pick rounds 1-5 is an instant contributor on every playoff team except ours.....

For fugs sake some of you people have ridiculously unrealistic expectations.

It's not that folks have unrealistic thoughts. It's that fans want the best. Panther fans have been waiting years for some semblance of success. It is just now starting to rear its head. So their angst is elevated.

Gman gots this. It has been almost 15 years since we had a football smart guy in charge. Now that we do, some folks are reticent to bow to his will. Another year or two of success will change everyone's mind.

Until then. We just have to wade through all the " But, I want a winner now" threads.

Gman is not in the business of taking chances. He wants players that can/will contribute immediately. Even in the later rounds.

I truly believe he has the instincts to round out his roster.

For the first time since Polian left, we have a smart football guy in charge. Anybody with a ounce of sense will just love that thought.

If you have seen nothing in the last two years. I can't help you. If you have seen the direction we are headed. Welcome to the party.

I am truly excited about this team's future. I don't think G-Man honestly expected to win our division in back to back years being as cap strapped as we were the last couple of seasons. Now that he's going to have 3 draft classes under his belt with already a good nucleus of young players to build around AND he's got some cap room to play with 3 peating as NFC South Champs is looking better and better.

I am truly excited about this team's future. I don't think G-Man honestly expected to win our division in back to back years being as cap strapped as we were the last couple of seasons. Now that he's going to have 3 draft classes under his belt with already a good nucleus of young players to build around AND he's got some cap room to play with 3 peating as NFC South Champs is looking better and better.

I have to respectfully disagree with not thinking we could repeat. I truly believe he thought that Cason and Decoud were going to make us better. I know he had to replace Mitchell and Mickel anyway, but, I really think we though we actually upgraded with those guys.

I mean, how could you not think that two ex pro bowlers couldn't help?

So, throw in Bene and Boston as depth, and it really looks good on paper.

If he can continue his success this year? Sure looks good for the good guys. Or at least it looks good to me.

Archived