• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers met with Texas A&M OT Cedric Ogbuehi

Jeremy Igo

The second? Lol.

This is, at best, a 5th round move that they're evaluating. Taking him any higher than that is lunacy. I hate it for the guy but that's the way it's panned out.

Brandon Thomas was much later in the process when he blew out his knee and he went in the second. Ced is a MUCH better prospect than Thomas. Stop....

From JJ's twitter :

JJ is referring to Gettleman saying "poor kid" after Dave asked about Cedric's injury.

The Panthers have met with him which definitely means there is interest.

Would you be OK with taking him and sitting him a season? In what round?

considering gettlemen said you want to draft a player with the idea of getting him on the field I dont see it happening.

considering gettlemen said you want to draft a player with the idea of getting him on the field I dont see it happening.

He blew out his knee in December. There's a strong chance he could be healthy enough to play by the middle of September. That would be almost a full nine months. 

He's really not that good. I think he's one of those guys that get hyped up on internet draft guru sites but when the real draft comes around he will miraculously fall far past where he was "suppose" to go.

I didn't want to spend a 1st or even 2nd on him before his injury. Now he's maybe a 4th or 5th rounder at best.

Just a reminder. James Hurst was being mocked in the 3rd round last year after breaking his leg. He ended up going undrafted. Now Ogbuehi may be a better talent than Hurst with a higher grade but this injury will drop him significantly.

So explain Brandon Thomas then, because he blew his ACL out in early April (I believe that's the right time frame) and was drafted in the third....

He's really not that good. I think he's one of those guys that get hyped up on internet draft guru sites but when the real draft comes around he will miraculously fall far past where he was "suppose" to go.

I didn't want to spend a 1st or even 2nd on him before his injury. Now he's maybe a 4th or 5th rounder at best.

Care to back that up with some observations?

Archived