• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers met with Texas A&M OT Cedric Ogbuehi

Jeremy Igo

Depends on how his prognosis is for recovery.  Gettleman said straight up they'd only draft players if they knew how long it'd take to get them on the field.  If it's 50/50 he'll be able to play at a high level again, I'd say no higher than 3rd round.  If it's pretty likely he'll come back strong, 2nd round.  Wouldn't draft a player coming off a significant injury in the first round, ever.  

Hogan was picked in the 4th round.  Seems like the Panthers like to take their chances on players who might never play in the 4th round.  Most recently, Edmund Kugzilla

Kug was an even bigger head scratcher than Hogan.  At least Hogan had talent and competed against good competition in college.  Yeah, he was coming off an ACL injury and had off-field concerns, but at least he'd showed production against good competition.  Kug was just a fat kid from a no nothing school.  He's the type of guy you sign as a UFA.

And you're right, he was technically a 4th rounder.  I could've sworn he was a 3rd rounder, but he was the 1st pick of the 4th.  We had back to back picks there.  Last pick of the 3rd and 1st pick of the 4th.  We took Sione Fua and Brandon Hogan.  Oh wee mayne.

A lot of teams would be happy to trade away a 2nd or 3rd pick this year for a 1st round pick next year.

If a team truly feels like he is a 1st round talent and that he is expected to make a full recovery I could see him going in one of those rounds.

I am sure his weigh in didn't hurt his chances.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/18/8065203/2015-nfl-combine-results-weigh-in-offensive-linemen

How about picking the LSU kid in the first and this guy in the second.

Double dip.... And a healthy Cam for years to come.

I love that logic if it could happen. La'el Collins could be a natural fit at right tackle. Put Remmers at left tackle for the year. This move would give Cedric time to rehab and groom him into the eventually starter at left tackle.

Archived