• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera Press Conference Quotes

Jeremy Igo

I could see Remmers but personally I think Norman is vastly approaching veteran status.

In terms of age he's far from young but he's only been in the league for 3 years. He certainly played like a veteran this year. Just trying to figure out the 22/16 that Rivera is talking about.

KB, Ealy, Turner, Bene, Boston, Norwell, Philly, Star, KK, Klein?, Remmers, White, Glanton, Bersin?, Norman?, Jones?, Fozzy?  Who are the 6 young guys that didn't contribute at all? Byndom, Foucalt, Reddick?, Swole Bones?, Presley, Lester?

I'd be okay with bringing Bell back for cheap with my one reservation being that I know Ron would want to start the guy.  That just can't happen.  He's not a starting NFL OT.

Bell would be fine in the role of the guy who comes in for a play because the starting OT has an equipment issue or something, but anything beyond that is pushing it.

I'm still very worried of their praise for Bell.... are they this clueless?  They are.  Kept Shula, didn't upgrade ST coaching, Bell was good, etc.  

They did upgrade the ST coaching... 

As far as praising Bell, I'm calling smokescreen. Lovie Smith was just calling Mike Glennon a franchise QB earlier today. Yeah, right.

We did keep Shula though. So yes, maybe they are a little bit clueless.

In terms of age he's far from young but he's only been in the league for 3 years. He certainly played like a veteran this year. Just trying to figure out the 22/16 that Rivera is talking about.

KB, Ealy, Turner, Bene, Boston, Norwell, Philly, Star, KK, Klein?, Remmers, White, Glanton, Bersin?, Norman?, Jones?, Fozzy? Who are the 6 young guys that didn't contribute at all? Byndom, Foucalt, Reddick?, Swole Bones?, Presley, Lester?

I'm a year ahead of myself I thought Norman has been in the league for 4 years already. I'm sure he is considered a young guy then

until Bell is replaced by someone better, he is still our starting LT. RR isn't stupid enough to say, "Damn Bell sucks" and then try to motivate him to work hard for the team. Look big picture kiddies.

I get that, but I think you'd agree that Rivera allows his feelings about Bell as a person very strongly influence his evaluation of Bell as a player.

until Bell is replaced by someone better, he is still our starting LT.  RR isn't stupid enough to say, "Damn Bell sucks" and then try to motivate him to work hard for the team.  Look big picture kiddies.

Well technically since Bell is a UFA, he's not our starter until he's re-signed. And by then we will hopefully have somebody better. But yeah Rivera wouldn't go out there and say Bell sucks. His praise is pure coachspeak. Can't believe people here are getting worked up over that.

Archived