• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera Press Conference Quotes

Jeremy Igo

"We made a couple coaching changes with the thought of putting coaches in better positions for them." 

"Steve (Wilks) has been my go to guy in terms of taking over certain aspects of the team" High praise from Rivera. 

Now speaking about his house repairs. WCNC will air an exclusive inside look at it with Ron tonight at 11:00. 

"We do like the tackles, it is very deep." 

"We think there will be quality all the way through" in terms of Offensive Tackle. 

Here are some of the more interesting quotes from Ron Rivera's combine press conference. 

"We like the defensive back and linebacker group as well. We are not concerned about the QB position"

"Visited with Cam last week, he feels very very good. Ankle and back doesn't bother him."

"Need to develop the offense around Cam more than anything else. Need to put play makers around him." 

"I loved the play of our offensive line, the play of the young guys was huge. Ryan Kalil does not get enough credit."

"Remmers coming in and playing right tackle was huge. I thought Byron did well as well"

"We have to continue to run the ball, but we have to make plays over the top. They (Seattle) had big plays over the top that beat us."

"The interview is the biggest reason to come to the combine. Everyone gets the film." 

"Some of the guys we will bring in and spend a full day with them. We feel the better we know them the less likely we are to make a mistake"

"We had 22 young guys on the squad, of those 22 16 contributed directly"

"Byron did some good things for us down the stretch."

"The interview is the biggest reason to come to the combine. Everyone gets the film." 

"Some of the guys we will bring in and spend a full day with them. We feel the better we know them the less likely we are to make a mistake"

"We had 22 young guys on the squad, of those 22 16 contributed directly"

How does he define "young guys?" Like first 2/3 years? Norman? Remmers?

Having to get playmakers around Cam.......sounds promising.  I just really hope that doesn't mean picking up Ginn would be our big splash in both FA and the draft,  in terms of playmakers. 

Also,  Don't agree with Bell being decent toward the end.   Bell looked like the worst cog in the Oline. 

Having to get playmakers around Cam.......sounds promising.  I just really hope that doesn't mean picking up Ginn would be our big splash in both FA and the draft,  in terms of playmakers. 

Also,  Don't agree with Bell being decent toward the end.   Bell looked like the worst cog in the Oline. 

That's why Rivera said his name last, and instead of high praise it was "solid". I was actually left hopeful that they were looking to upgrade.

Archived