• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman Press Conference - LIVE

Jeremy Igo

1248389.jpg

Ja'Wuan James 6'6 315

this guy has 49 straight starts at RT for the vols. moves really well, footwork is some of the best i have seen in this class. can reach the second level, and attack LBs. not really know as a mualer, but does have potential to play on the left side. he is a much better pass protector, and his hand placement is decent,  so i can see that transition. i like his game 10x better then his all famous bookend Tiny Richardson. was having a decent senior bowl week until he suffered a sprain knee, and had to withdraw from the game. not worried about the injury because the guy started 49 straight games on a SEC team. from Suwanee, Ga. compares to Eugene Monroe.

tbrooks2.jpg

He went on to say last season they liked a left tackle prospect early, but the prospect was chosen before the Panthers pick. That prospect went on to play left tackle, so Gettleman feels good about their process. 

wonder how much Getty is honest about with the BPA thing?  On the fanspeak draft simulator,

I look down a few picks to see if a player at a position of need is close....plus he said that how fast

you get that player on the field is important.  So here is a mock using their composite big board

where we take BPA regardless, compared with a mock where I stayed within 5 spots of the BPA

and looked a positions of need.

BPA                                                          BPA @ PON

1.  Landon Collins  S                              Landon Collins   S  (makes sense, but OT Flowers was just a few rankings down

2.   Jalen Strong  WR                              Cedric  Ogbuehi  OT     this draft is very deep at WR...Cedric was rated only 4                                                                                                        players lower

3.   Duke Johnson  RB                            Rashad Greene   WR   I wouldn't mind Johnson on the team, but I feel WR is                                                                                                          more pressing here

4.   Phillip Dorsett  WR                            Phillip Dorsett   WR     no problem double dipping here, and now we have our                                                                                                      deep threat

5.   Deontay Greenberry   WR                  Quandre Diggs   CB    had to go 7 players down...it was loaded with WR's                                                                                                             and Guards.  I like a CB better

6.  Jacorey Shepherd   CB                       Darious Philon    DT      4 players down...rotation guy with Cole/Edwards being FA's

7.   Cam Thomas    CB                           Davis Tull     OLB           had to go 7 players down for depth and ST player

so looking at the two drafts, I'm guessing Getty is somewhere in between.  He may say BPA over and over, but I believe

he puts a little more thought into his choice than just looking at his list.

"There is a real interesting crop of defensive line, which doesn't upset me" Regarding the draft

"My philosophy of unrestricted free agency is you use it to setup the draft."

"Both groups are strong (OL and WR)."

"I'm not going to discuss what we are going to do with Byron. We are going to draft the best guy. If we have 5 studs at one position and the best guy is at that position, we are going to take him."

"We're slowly but surely digging out. We are at a better position now than last year"

"I spoke to Deangelo, we had a great conversation. Its private."

"Deangelo had a tough season, he lost his mom, dedicated the season to her and couldn't stay healthy."

"As far as the college kids are concerned, I haven't really gotten into the film yet" regarding left tackle draft prospects.

He went on to say last season they liked a left tackle prospect early, but the prospect was chosen before the Panthers pick. That prospect went on to play left tackle, so Gettleman feels good about their process.

"Right now Greg (Hardy) is on the exempt list, until that changes I have nothing to say."

"I've been around running backs... I don't see anything terrible with having 2 or 3 running backs at times."

"Stah had the injury at the end of the year, and KK has really come along. KK played significant minutes last year. He came on and got stronger and stronger. Very pleased with those two young guys."

"This game is too hahd.... who wants a ticking timebomb?" in regards to character issues in draft picks.

"I just don't start on the college kids until I leave here, this is my first taste."

"I love the interview process because its strictly football oriented. Its about football. We don't try to get in his head. We treat it just football, its a crazy idea. We did a couple haug mollies last night. We want to see what he knows and what he doesn't know, and what he can spit back to us"

"You gotta know how quickly you can get this guy on the field. If you can't get him on the field, then whats the point"

--->>> Happy Combine Times! #PantherNation #KeepPounding #HogMolly

can anyone explain to me why ray rice and AP, who both admitted to their crimes, are on the verge of reinstatement but hardy who was never convicted of anything is going to be suspended for almost 2 years?

Ya know I'm amazed that question's never come up on this board before :unsure:

I enjoyed listening to Seattle's GM.

It seems like G'mans BPA is his own formula which includes some degree of need. Rivera even said something to the effect 'we're not in the market for a QB, so we're not looking at that position'. A 78 DE beats a 68 WR but a 78 MLB may not beat a 77 OT. Guys who are rated very closely are probably on the same horizontal line on their board. Not saying that's how they do it but in my mind, probably along those lines.

Archived