• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman Press Conference - LIVE

Jeremy Igo

I'm listening to the Indianapolis GM and he stated something perfect for me. "You can't have a team full of kids with character issues, but at the same to you have to have great football players. Without (Insert character issue guy here) we wouldn't have beat Denver."

The one thing that I don't quite understand (not saying it's a bad thing) is him saying, "As far as the college kids are concerned, I haven't really gotten into the film yet" regarding left tackle draft prospects.  I know there is quite a bit on a GM's plate, but everybody in the world knows Bell is not good so why hasn't he been working on that since the season ended?

You assume he's telling the truth.  Gettleman is a front office vet.  He knows that by answering that question in that way, it pretty much goes ahead and shoots down any questions that may be asked about any specific draft prospects.

Gettleman hasn't talked to Hardy since he was placed on exempt list, and he's had very minimal conversations with agent Drew Rosenhaus

DG hasn't talked to Hardy since September.

Im surprised they have not taken Hardy off the exempt list. Kinda holding him hostage now that the case was dropped.

You assume he's telling the truth.  Gettleman is a front office vet.  He knows that by answering that question in that way, it pretty much goes ahead and shoots down any questions that may be asked about any specific draft prospects.

You made a great point that I hadn't considered.   Thanks.

Im surprised they have not taken Hardy off the exempt list. Kinda holding him hostage now that the case was dropped.

Me to, but I assume it doesn't matter too much at this point.  I would hope they will have made a decision on everything by the end of the month, so everyone knows his "fate" and he can move into FA knowing what's ahead for him.

Think of it as like a guy on injured reserve. On the first day of the new league year (March 10), everyone that ended the season on IR is taken off IR.

Samey-same with the exempt list when the player becomes a UFA in the new league year. Whichever team signs Hardy will have him free and clear with no restrictions unless/until a proper suspension is announced.

Hmmm. No King Dunlap or Michael Roos. Hardy may not get his wish. DGB has to really convince that he will be a future choir boy, which probably ain't happening. If a blue chip D-lineman is on the board, we're taking him. And (just a hunch), D.J. Humphries has a good shot at being a Panther (as I believe that he will be the surprise riser this year, much like JJ---whom I loved---rose last year.

I know nothing.

Archived