• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman Press Conference - LIVE

Jeremy Igo

"There is a real interesting crop of defensive line, which doesn't upset me" Regarding the draft

"My philosophy of unrestricted free agency is you use it to setup the draft." 

"Both groups are strong (OL and WR)." 

"I'm not going to discuss what we are going to do with Byron. We are going to draft the best guy. If we have 5 studs at one position and the best guy is at that position, we are going to take him."

"We're slowly but surely digging out. We are at a better position now than last year"

"I spoke to Deangelo, we had a great conversation. Its private."

"Deangelo had a tough season, he lost his mom, dedicated the season to her and couldn't stay healthy."

"As far as the college kids are concerned, I haven't really gotten into the film yet" regarding left tackle draft prospects. 

He went on to say last season they liked a left tackle prospect early, but the prospect was chosen before the Panthers pick. That prospect went on to play left tackle, so Gettleman feels good about their process. 

"Right now Greg (Hardy) is on the exempt list, until that changes I have nothing to say."

"I've been around running backs... I don't see anything terrible with having 2 or 3 running backs at times." 

"Stah had the injury at the end of the year, and KK has really come along. KK played significant minutes last year. He came on and got stronger and stronger. Very pleased with those two young guys." 

"This game is too hahd.... who wants a ticking timebomb?" in regards to character issues in draft picks.

"I just don't start on the college kids until I leave here, this is my first taste."

"I love the interview process because its strictly football oriented. Its about football. We don't try to get in his head. We treat it just football, its a crazy idea. We did a couple haug mollies last night. We want to see what he knows and what he doesn't know, and what he can spit back to us"

"You gotta know how quickly you can get this guy on the field. If you can't get him on the field, then whats the point"

"I spoke to Deangelo, we had a great conversation. Its private."

"Deangelo had a tough season, he lost his mom, dedicated the season to her and couldn't stay healthy."

For posting these quotes for those of us who are at work and can't watch the presser live -

59177875.jpg

"As far as the college kids are concerned, I haven't really gotten into the film yet" regarding left tackle draft prospects. 

He went on to say last season they liked a left tackle prospect early, but the prospect was chosen before the Panthers pick. That prospect went on to play left tackle, so Gettleman feels good about their process. 

Do you believe thats Ja'waun James? Dolphins pick.

Do you believe thats Ja'waun James? Dolphins pick.

That's what I was thinking. Couldn't have realistically been looking at Lewan or Matthews. That's interesting that we liked James though, because people said it was a reach for the Dolphins to take him at 19, but it ended up being a good pick in hindsight. Shows that Gettleman really knows his talent evaluation.

Archived