• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andrus Peat OT Stanford

gettlemanjack

My top three are:

1. Peat

2. Flowers

3. Collins

4. Everyone else. No idea whos next fisher? Clemmings? Hump? All close, but I feel at least two out of the top five will be @25...... but dave going to draft DL anyway.

Plus I'll add this, I will just as shocked(maybe a tiny bit more) if peat is @25 as I was with star @ 13. Peat is going top 15, I'm 99.895773% sure of it.

My top three are:

1. Peat

2. Flowers

3. Collins

4. Everyone else. No idea whos next fisher? Clemmings? Hump? All close, but I feel at least two out of the top five will be @25...... but dave going to draft DL anyway.

Plus I'll add this, I will just as shocked(maybe a tiny bit more) if peat is @25 as I was with star @ 13. Peat is going top 15, I'm 99.895773% sure of it.

I think Peat falls to 25. If he does, I'm sure Gettleman will make that pick. The dude has a lot of potential.

I think Peat falls to 25. If he does, I'm sure Gettleman will make that pick. The dude has a lot of potential.

The panthers super lucky first rounders has to end, right? If peat theres, its another mistake by a few GMs picking in the 8-24 range.

I may be in the minority but I don't see the hype over Peat. He is solid but unspectacular across the board. And for his size he ends up on his heels too often

He is 21 years old and still has time to fill his frame. 2 years in the NFL Bigger, Stronger, Better program and he will be a monster. He has good feet and a willing blocker in the run game. He has the athleticism to be a dancing bear. If he is in the board at 25 no way the panthers pass.

I may be in the minority but I don't see the hype over Peat. He is solid but unspectacular across the board. And for his size he ends up on his heels too often

Nothing wrong with a different opinion. I'll just add this, his father was a NFL OG and look into the future. Genes are huge in everything in life, imo. Future wise clemmings, flowers, and peat could be stud LTs all while that's not where they start. Plus panthers are picking 25, so its a GREAT thing that flowers had a awful kick slid and peat is funny looking and got "winded" during combine. Flawless and they go top five/ten locks.

the latest mock by Josh Norris of Rotoworld has us taking Peat. His OL going 1st R:

#10 The Scherff - "think Scherff can stay at tackle, but a team might really value him inside"

#17 Ereck Flowers - at RT

#20 Jake Fisher

#21 La'el Collins - "I absolutely, 100 percent think Collins can stay at tackle and play at a high level"

#23 Cameron Erving - at C

#25 Andrus Peat - PANTHERS

#29 D.J. Humphries

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/52439/344/post-combine-mock-draft?pg=2

LastWordOnSports.com's scouting report of Peat is up.

Compares him to Taylor Lewan who went #11 overall and started at LT as a rookie from Week 5 (replacing Roos who was lost to injury) to Week 12 (injury ended his season) and was named to the PFWA All-Rookie Team (along with Ja’Wuan James)

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Taylor-Lewan-Named-to-PFWA-All-Rookie-Team/668027b4-fad5-4d70-b145-db8e4c348d58

"...Andrus Peat possesses many traits [of] an NFL left tackle, but may require some time to correct some of his technical flaws...Technically, is a work in progress but has enough to polish to start as a rookie. ... Comparison: Taylor Lewan. Grade: 9.1 (1st Round)"

http://lastwordonsports.com/2015/03/02/2015-nfl-draft-andrus-peat-scouting-report/

Scout.com (who rates Peat as the #1 OT in the Draft):

"In 2014..Peat was charged with four of the [stanford] front wall’s 22 sacks...As a drive blocker, Peat posted 12 touchdown-resulting blocks for the ground game (team scored 18 times rushing), as he delivered 67 knockdowns during the season.

in 2013..he delivered 20 touchdown-resulting blocks and 123 knockdowns.

In conclusion, it looks like the media heaped honors on him this season based on his 2013 press clippings, as consistency was obviously lacking. The left tackle might have been trying to overcompensate for being the only veteran on a line that lost four starters after the 2013 season, but he did recover to play up to his sophomore performances later in the 2014 schedule."

http://profootball.scout.com/story/1521579-andrus-peat-player-evaluation#/story/1521579-andrus-peat-player-evaluation

Archived