• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andrus Peat OT Stanford

gettlemanjack

2014 season as a true junior: was named 1st Team All-American by Sporting News, ESPN, and Sports Illustrated

Feb 14, ProFootballSpot.com:

"In Matt Miller [of NFL Draft Scout]’s latest mock draft, he has the Panthers taking offensive tackle Andrus Peat with the No. 25 pick. This isn’t the only mock draft to have Peat becoming Panthers latest option at left tackle. ... it is likely that Peat will still be available when the Panthers are on the clock. Bearing this in mind, it is a no brainer that Gettleman picks Andrus Peat with his first pick of the 2015 draft."

http://profootballspot.com/_/nfl/nfc-south/carolina-panthers/profiling-potential-carolina-panthers-tackle-andrus-peat-r7053

NFL Draft Scout Matt Miller @ nfldraftscout 20h

I'm really cooling on Andrus Peat the more time I spend on

his tape. Thing is, you're betting on his upside with the pick.

NFL Draft Scout Matt Miller @ nfldraftscout Nov 20

What Nate Orchard did to Andrus Peat on Saturday was

criminal. One of those players is a first-round talent, and it

ain't Peat.

Draftbreakdown.com Luke Easterling @ LukeEasterling Nov 16

Really impressed by the way Utah's Nate Orchard handled

Stanford's Andrus Peat last night. Told me plenty about both

players.

ABC 11 Durham, NC Mark Armstrong @ ArmstrongABC11 Nov 15

Nate Orchard just smoked Andrus Peat. Orchard is such a

frigging stud. I'm getting a black eye just watching this Utah-

Stanford game.

Pacific Takes @ PacificTakes Nov 15

Nate Orchard is destroying Andrus Peat. Call off the fight.

here is a scouting report that calls Peat an "early 2nd rounder" and writes: "I'm not sure his issues warrant taking him before the 3rd round"

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2015/2/5/7983241/is-andrus-peat-a-good-fit-for-the-chargers

detroitlionsdraft.com Jeff Risdon 6047 202 @ JeffRisdon 20h

Andrus Peat with pretty much ideal measurements. Now if he

can answer why his play is so wildly inconsistent...

draftTV.com Shane P. Hallam @ ShanePHallam Feb 10

Andrus Peat , Stanford – Inconsistent in many games, but

flashes the upside of a blind side protector.

NinersDigest.com Max Luckan @ MaxLuckan 9h

Stanford OL Andrus Peat has ideal measurements, but his

play is inconsistent. If we were consistent , he would go top

ESPN David Lombardi @ LombardiESPN Jan 6

Andrus Peat ’s father, Todd, played for the Cardinals and

Raiders, and Andrus has been carefully studying film of NFL

tackles since HS.

B5AXiNkCcAA6v6u.jpg

B2NulkgCMAA1C-D.jpg

meanwhile, here are some scouting reports that are very very high on Peat:

National Football Post:

"He is an excellent athlete with quick feet, natural bend and easy change of direction. ... easily gets to the second level. ... Don’t be surprised if come draft day, Peat is the first offensive lineman drafted. Not too many have his combination of size, strength, athleticism and production. He looks like a future Pro Bowl type tackle and will play right away."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Prospect-Focus-Andrus-Peat-and-Donovan-Smith/

Kyle Marks @DraftAuthority:

"Playing in Stanford’s system, Peat is use to a prototype offense that asks him to utilize many common techniques used in the NFL. Peat has the proper experience to give scouts a good idea at what he can do in both pass and run protections. ... Peat almost assuredly will go top 15, possibly top 10 as potentially the top tackle taken. ... Peat receives one of the better grades I’ve (ever) given out for an offensive tackle and I fully believe he will have near-immediate success. ... Short Term Outlook: Peat is a day one starter that can play on either side of the offensive line. Long Term Outlook: Peat has All-Pro potential and in a few short years projects out to be a top five tackle in the league. Draft Prediction: One of the first two tackles taken, top 15 pick."

http://www.thebaycave.com/andrus-peat-breakdown/

Seahawksdraftblog.com:

"Andrus Peat (T, Stanford) & Ereck Flowers (T, Miami) are the top-two blindside blockers in this class for me. They share similar traits ... They should both go very early. T.J. Clemmings (T, Pittsburgh) flashes greater upside but has such limited experience at tackle and you never know how that’ll translate. He could be a long-term fit at guard."

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/cedric-ogbuehi-suffers-a-torn-acl-random-thoughts

Jets blog:

"When I watch Andrus Peat, I see a prototypical NFL left tackle in the making. There are a lot of things to love and not many things to hate. ... He has the combination of speed, strength and balance that you'll want from a player protecting the blindside of your franchise quarterback. He's a first round prospect for sure and one of my favourite prospects in the draft. He should be a first round selection without a doubt and he could go as high as the top 5 or top 10."

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/1/10/7512987/scouting-the-draft-andrus-peat-ot-stanford

Feb 14, Giants blog:

"Peat could block a freight train in pass protection. ... The great boxer Muhammad Ali famously said that he floated like a butterfly and he stung like a bee; this is a good way of describing Peat’s skill set. He is a combination of quickness and power that is rare ... He would be a very safe and reasonable pick for the New York Giants with the 9th overall selection. He will be a starter for a long time at left tackle."

http://gmenhq.com/2015/02/04/2015-nfl-draft-profile-ot-andrus-peat-stanford/

NFL.com Daniel Jeremiah's Mock draft 2.0 that came out yesterday has the Panthers taking Andrus Peat:

"#25 Panthers - Andrus Peat - Peat is a massive man with quick feet and great awareness. He had a couple of rough games this season, but this would be a great landing spot."

the OL in his mock:

#14 Brandon Scherff as OG - "The Dolphins need to upgrade the guard position, and Scherff is a people mover in the run game. He needs a lot of work in pass protection, but the move inside should help him out."

#16 TJ Clemmings as RT - "He would be a monster upgrade at right tackle for the Texans."

#17 DJ Humphries as LT - "Humphries has the highest upside of any tackle prospect in the draft. He could hold down the left tackle spot for the next decade in San Diego."

#25 Andrus Peat

#27 Ereck Flowers as RT - "The Cowboys could look at a running back here, but instead opt to upgrade the right tackle position."

#31 La'el Collins - "Seattle is getting ready to pay Russell Wilson a ton of money, and upgrading the offensive line needs to be a priority."

#32 Cameron Erving as interior lineman - "Erving had some struggles at tackle, but he excelled once he moved inside to play center. He could play any of the three interior positions for the Patriots."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/230600?campaign=Twitter_cfb_jeremiah

my hope is, he's at least there @ 25. I got that at around a 5% chance right know. Love to have either flowers or peat, but my worry is........ dave and his DL boner, its too strong. Peats my current solid #2 OT after flowers and I don't either will be there @25. The guy I'm thinking will be is collins, but I havnt made my up mind on his skill set...... but I'm starting to believe he could play LT, regardless of what his numbers say. Still wish that ND guy stanley was in this draft, it would have increased the chance of landing either peat or flowers.

Peat has my blessing, love to see hear his name @ 25.

Peat looked absolutely gassed after nearly every drill today but conditioning can be fixed up pretty quickly at the NFL level if the guy buys in. Definitely has the physical measurables of an a great LT but he looked a bit chubby to me today. I don't think he carries his weight as well as Flowers and Collins but that is all fixable to some extent. That said, doubt he is available at 25. 

Peat looked absolutely gassed after nearly every drill today but conditioning can be fixed up pretty quickly at the NFL level if the guy buys in. Definitely has the physical measurables of an a great LT but he looked a bit chubby to me today. I don't think he carries his weight as well as Flowers and Collins but that is all fixable to some extent. That said, doubt he is available at 25.

The thing is, the guy should be in fantastic shape. Even if he hasn't worked out in two months, he just got through with a college football regimen. Him being gassed signals to me that he either has thyroid problems or a problem with his ticker. Both are bad.

The thing is, the guy should be in fantastic shape. Even if he hasn't worked out in two months, he just got through with a college football regimen. Him being gassed signals to me that he either has thyroid problems or a problem with his ticker. Both are bad.

I get what you mean. Even if he has been out of football for two months he should have been dieting and putting in 5-6 days a week at the gym with a world class trainer preparing for the biggest job interview of his life (the combine). Now, I'm not saying he wasn't doing any of those things, but there were guys out there bigger than him that looked to be getting through the drills a bit easier. Even in his interview after his workout he was huffing and puffing and looked beat.

This is new to me, a OLman looked chubby....... anytime a man is 300+ is well "over weight", there's are not many fit 300 lbs that are walking on earth.

The gassed part, no idea on that I didn't see. A OLman just needs to put out effort for 5 secs, then he can rested for 30+ secs, unless philly O. Large men with thick legs burn lots of calories/energy moving that weight. Or he could just have the "look" of gassed but, he's fine. Running on that treadmill with the mask and see what type of gas tank he has.

Never the less, its the combine and I don't put more than 5% stock in it. Out of that 5%, 99% of that is medicals and interviews. 1% is 40, jump, lifting etc. Now that changes if peat only had 9 reps or 6.5 40 time.

This is new to me, a OLman looked chubby....... anytime a man is 300+ is well "over weight", there's are not many fit 300 lbs that are walking on earth.

The gassed part, no idea on that I didn't see. A OLman just needs to put out effort for 5 secs, then he can rested for 30+ secs, unless philly O. Large men with thick legs burn lots of calories/energy moving that weight. Or he could just have the "look" of gassed but, he's fine. Running on that treadmill with the mask and see what type of gas tank he has.

Never the less, its the combine and I don't put more than 5% stock in it. Out of that 5%, 99% of that is medicals and interviews. 1% is 40, jump, lifting etc. Now that changes if peat only had 9 reps or 6.5 40 time.

Maybe chubby wasn't the right word. He just didn't carry his weight necessarily well. Looked built and huge but not really as athletic as I thought he would despite his great footwork. Maybe it's just that his legs are so huge...he kind of looked awkward to me. Huge, quick guy that didn't come off as a football player in the same way Flowers and Collins did. Just a strange body-type...not really proportionate. Hard to describe really. 

Maybe chubby wasn't the right word. He just didn't carry his weight necessarily well. Looked built and huge but not really as athletic as I thought he would despite his great footwork. Maybe it's just that his legs are so huge...he kind of looked awkward to me. Huge, quick guy that didn't come off as a football player in the same way Flowers and Collins did. Just a strange body-type...not really proportionate. Hard to describe really.

So peat is sponge bob, confirmed by onlypantherfaninmanie....... :D

You confusing me too..... huge and quick, but not a football player??? and huge legs are bad too???.....

So peat is sponge bob, confirmed by onlypantherfaninmanie....... :D

You confusing me too..... huge and quick, but not a football player??? and huge legs are bad too???.....

Like I said, it is hard to describe haha. He just looked goofy out there to me. Like he hasn't really grown into his body yet and is surprised by his own skill. Am I the only one thinking this after watching him today?

draft expert Tony Pauline @TonyPauline 36m

Consensus from teams is Andrus Peat /T/Stanford did not do

his draft stock and favors today. Looked heavy legged and

even a bit stiff

NFL.com Brian Billick @ CoachBillick 7h

Stanford OT Andrus Peat is massive with thick tree trunk

legs. Tape showed surprising athleticism but seems a little

heavy footed today.

topsportsreport.com Vlad the Impaler @ ChiefsSince2008 52m

I liked Andrus Peat ..before today. He looked stiff and was

clearly gassed trying to move his body mass.

Scout.com Gerard Martinez @gmartlive 6h

Andrus Peat looking more like a guard than a left tackle at the

NFL Combine. His lack of lateral speed could be an issue in

pass pro.

Archived