• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Special Teams Coordinator Bruce DeHaven meets with the press....

Jeremy Igo

I'm pretty sure Gettleman forced this move. He and DeHaven started on the Bills in 1986 and worked together for a long time. He signs on for the first season Gettleman is GM as an assistant because Gettleman knew Rivera's special teams coordinator wasn't so great and now he's ST Coordinator. I'm sure we'll see a huge improvement.

Part of me wants to agree that Gman had something to do with it but unless he lied to the media at the end of the season press conference he said he may only "suggest" Ron make a change to his staff and pretty much said Ron has total control of who he wants on his staff. I think that it came down to both of them recognizing something had to happen and Dave could have then suggested to give DeHaven a shot then Ron went with it, or maybe that was the plan all along ever since DeHaven was hired who knows. I'm just glad something happened hopefully DeHaven will be good for us for awhile so we can get some stability there.

Oh ok so you're one of those guys that talks sh*t then immediately shuts up when proven wrong. You asked for the evidence and I gave it to you what the fug more do you want?

Thomas may not tell you why your statement was naive and idiotic, but I will.

Rivera and Gettleman NEVER said that Bell was the answer at LT.  We looked at several players in FA, but that damn little thing called a salary cap prohibited us from making any substantial moves.  They went with the best options that were there for the money that we had to spend.

And for the draft, Gett already said there was a guy we really liked that ended up at LT last season...but he was GONE when we picked.  They were smart enough not to reach and correctly took KB.

Now run along.

Thomas may not tell you why your statement was naive and idiotic, but I will.

Rivera and Gettleman NEVER said that Bell was the answer at LT. We looked at several players in FA, but that damn little thing called a salary cap prohibited us from making any substantial moves. They went with the best options that were there for the money that we had to spend.

And for the draft, Gett already said there was a guy we really liked that ended up at LT last season...but he was GONE when we picked. They were smart enough not to reach and correctly took KB.

Now run along.

Lol and here we go again...Bell is nothing but an extremely small sample size of what I was talking about. Your entire post is about Bell and I only mentioned him as a very small part of my example just drop it already. I'll go ahead and overlook that "now run along" comment.

Ok let's start with Byron Bell. Byron was garbage on the right side but was then placed on the left side because he's left handed and started the entire season at LT. Haruki Nakamura was our starting safety for WAY to long in 2011. It was obvious Chud was running the read option into the ground in 2012 yet there were no changes made until the season was already lost. I mean come on dude there is a ton of evidence which is why his teams always suck to start the the year off (only exception was last year when we started 2-0 then proceeded to suck for 2 months straight) he waits to long to make adjustments resulting in him being ok with "status quo."

First of all no one is perfect 100‰ of the time.

Rivera has to play with the cards that he is dealt. The cap limited the talent level, and G-man made some judgment calls and sacrifices for the betterment of the future. Moreover, both Rivera and Gettleman explained in interviews earlier this year that you can't rush a guy in before he is ready. Lack of experience and readiness, along with injuries do play a big part in the process. Gettleman and Rivera explained this, and I will take their word for it.

I know I don't usually post like this but I also don't understand why I'm being ridiculed about the opinion I have on Rivera making adjustments it really is baffling but it's all good it really doesn't bother me I'll just keep trolling along

maybe if ya had some evidence to support your opinion.

Lol and here we go again...Bell is nothing but an extremely small sample size of what I was talking about. Your entire post is about Bell and I only mentioned him as a very small part of my example just drop it already. I'll go ahead and overlook that "now run along" comment.

You COMPLETELY ignore the fact that Gettleman inherited a ridiculously cap strapped team.  It was known from the start that the plan was to fill needs with mid tier/stopgap solutions while he worked us out of that situation.  This was a 3 year turnaround plan....we just hit lightning in a bottle in year one and went 12-4.  Then those stopgap players wanted big bucks...which we could not afford nor should we have paid.

They are building this team correctly now and that takes time.

Your niaveness completely ignores the business aspect of what they are trying to do....which is to set the team up for long term and continuous success.

This is not a lemonade stand that you are running in your driveway...it is a multi million dollar enterprise where smart business decisions have to be made.

Archived