• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Special Teams Coordinator Bruce DeHaven meets with the press....

Jeremy Igo

Wow you really wasted your time with that wall of text. My reply had nothing to do with hurting someones feelings. My examples show that rivera fails to make in season adjustments and in a sense sticks with status quo.

I dont care most of the problems he stuck with during the season were fixed at the end of the season. If we wouldn't have gotten lucky last year by being in a terrible division we would have failed to make the playoffs in 3 out of 4 years under Rivera becausr he waits to long to make adjustments.

This is his third ST coordinator in 4 seasons. That's hardly status quo. Also, Jason Avant and Cason were let go midseason because we have capable replacements, unlike the examples you gave, which were both in season. You were about to bash Rivera without enough proof and got called out. Move on.

This is his third ST coordinator in 4 seasons. That's hardly status quo. Also, Jason Avant and Cason were let go midseason because we have capable replacements, unlike the examples you gave, which were both in season. You were about to bash Rivera without enough proof and got called out. Move on.

Lol you again prove my point. Rivera didn't make changes until it was almost to late. He cut cason and avant after we went like 1-6-1 if we wouldn't have been in a terrible division we miss out on the playoffs because it takes to long for him to put the better player on the field. Cason is different I feel he would have been replaced sooner if Bene was healthy. I'm not trying to start fights. I'm giving my opinion that Rivera waits to long to make roster adjustments. But hey fug me for having an opinion right?

Please show me some evidence where I make "poo" up all the time. You have no idea what you're talking about

before you try telling anyone else that they don't know what they are talking about, i suggest you at least have an idea what you are talking about. Which ya don't.

BTW, I didn't say "poo", that was the huddle translation.

before you try telling anyone else that they don't know what they are talking about, i suggest you at least have an idea what you are talking about. Which ya don't.

BTW, I didn't say "poo", that was the huddle translation.

I don't give a sh*t about what you have to say, and you don't know what you're talking about that's why you keep saying the same stupid sh*t. Better?

the only thing RR seems to be "guilty" of is rocking the boat mid season. The Bell example still doesn't work, and ofthe 15,000,000 threads bitching about Bell, no one has ever given a viable alternative.

RR seems to believe in consistency, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. He has proven to make adjustments as needed, just not as a knee jerk reaction.

I know I don't usually post like this but I also don't understand why I'm being ridiculed about the opinion I have on Rivera making adjustments it really is baffling but it's all good it really doesn't bother me I'll just keep trolling along

He fired his first ST coordinator midseason.

As a leader in any position, you have to avoid being knee-jerk. You don't randomly change players after very bad game. Also, you may think you know but we as fans do not know what assignments are on plays and we end up bitching about the player we see closest to the ball. As the coach, he has the benefit of knowing all that and he gets to see the players in practise.

No one wants a knee-jerk leader.

I don't actually think Rivera is "happy with the status quo".

I think the real issue is that Rivera gives too much credit to people who 'try really hard'.

Effort is a marvelous thing, but sometimes the reason a guy has to 'try harder' is because he's not very good.

Sadly, Rivera has proven that he's not very good at distinguishing between 'effort' and 'lousy'.

lol if Jones isnt playing ST's then there is no point in keeping him here. he's probably the best gunner on the squad.

we traded for him for that reason alone. he'll play ST and he'll like it.

Exactly I understand Colin wants to save his energy for defense I just don't think he's going to be anything better than a situational player. He sure is fast though

I'm pretty sure Gettleman forced this move.  He and DeHaven started on the Bills in 1986 and worked together for a long time.  He signs on for the first season Gettleman is GM as an assistant because Gettleman knew Rivera's special teams coordinator wasn't so great and now he's ST Coordinator.  I'm sure we'll see a huge improvement.  

lol if Jones isnt playing ST's then there is no point in keeping him here. he's probably the best gunner on the squad.

we traded for him for that reason alone. he'll play ST and he'll like it.

He did step in as the nickel CB late in the season, but agreed, both he and Addison are at the bottom of the roster anyway. They should be special teamers to make the squad. I think DeHaven was just giving a nod to some of the wee talent we have there.

I'm pretty sure Gettleman forced this move.  He and DeHaven started on the Bills in 1986 and worked together for a long time.  He signs on for the first season Gettleman is GM as an assistant because Gettleman knew Rivera's special teams coordinator wasn't so great and now he's ST Coordinator.  I'm sure we'll see a huge improvement.  

I hope so, special teams was a joke. It got to the point where other coaches were calling us out on a week to week basis. Phily and Minn were the standouts but the last regular season game in ATL and home to Zona weren't without their own gaffs.

Archived