• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Special Teams Coordinator Bruce DeHaven meets with the press....

Jeremy Igo

This thread started with a lot of potential but never amounted to much....... it is the Kugzilla thread of the huddle. 

Was the last part in bold DeHaven taking a shot at Rodgers? Our ST definitely lost us some games last year.

Rivera has proven time and time again that he is ok with being status quo that part is not a lie or anything new. Maybe he would have been replaced anyways still it all goes back to "not wanting to hurt anyones feelings" which is something that has been a.problem with this organization for awhile. G-Man is the only exception.

Do you work in a soul less environment that operates like that? 

Oh ok so you're one of those guys that talks sh*t then immediately shuts up when proven wrong. You asked for the evidence and I gave it to you what the fug more do you want?

Both the examples you gave have nothing to do with "not wanting to hurt someone's feelings." There was no obvious Nakamura or Byron Bell replacement and in that situation you want experience with the system instead of just throwing a new guy in off the street and hoping he clicks. Guys need time to acclimate and you don't want to ruin young players for no reason. Ron can't just throw out the base of the offense in the middle of the season. Again, it isn't often that you throw out your offensive coordinator mid-season and have a Ravens Super Bowl run. It wasn't gonna happen here. In every instance you gave the team has moved on from the situation by the end of the season. It's pretty obvious Gettleman is done with Bell as a starter and Ron isn't fighting for him either. We have made the changes we've had to make and we've gotten better every year Ron has been here. Soft power is a good thing to have. It's why Ron keeps his team fighting when all hope seems lost. It's why our young core is going to be great. We have a great atmosphere for young guys to come in and develop and contribute and that's not because we have a hardass who throws players out like trash on their first mistake. Go back to youtube commenting on our 2011 defensive highlights and jerk off until you pass out.

It looks like our ST's is gonna have more starters or vets on it, which is good but makes me worry about what that means for the young guys we usually carry on the bottom of the roster. As long as we can keep some fluid space to churn the young guys through who we really like and want to protect and not just rely on keeping them stowed on the practice squad, I think it'll be good. 

Both the examples you gave have nothing to do with "not wanting to hurt someone's feelings." There was no obvious Nakamura or Byron Bell replacement and in that situation you want experience with the system instead of just throwing a new guy in off the street and hoping he clicks. Guys need time to acclimate and you don't want to ruin young players for no reason. Ron can't just throw out the base of the offense in the middle of the season. Again, it isn't often that you throw out your offensive coordinator mid-season and have a Ravens Super Bowl run. It wasn't gonna happen here. In every instance you gave the team has moved on from the situation by the end of the season. It's pretty obvious Gettleman is done with Bell as a starter and Ron isn't fighting for him either. We have made the changes we've had to make and we've gotten better every year Ron has been here. Soft power is a good thing to have. It's why Ron keeps his team fighting when all hope seems lost. It's why our young core is going to be great. We have a great atmosphere for young guys to come in and develop and contribute and that's not because we have a hardass who throws players out like trash on their first mistake. Go back to youtube commenting on our 2011 defensive highlights and jerk off until you pass out.

It looks like our ST's is gonna have more starters or vets on it, which is good but makes me worry about what that means for the young guys we usually carry on the bottom of the roster. As long as we can keep some fluid space to churn the young guys through who we really like and want to protect and not just rely on keeping them stowed on the practice squad, I think it'll be good. 

Basically what I would've replied but didn't want to waste the time on him.

Do you work in a soul less environment that operates like that?

I'm not talking about deliberately insulting someone for having a different opinion (like what happens around here) I just feel like they should have just fired Rogers instead of "demoting" him. Idk it's not really that big of a deal anyways

Wow you really wasted your time with that wall of text. My reply had nothing to do with hurting someones feelings. My examples show that rivera fails to make in season adjustments and in a sense sticks with status quo.

I dont care most of the problems he stuck with during the season were fixed at the end of the season. If we wouldn't have gotten lucky last year by being in a terrible division we would have failed to make the playoffs in 3 out of 4 years under Rivera because he waits to long to make adjustments.

Archived