• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Humphries - OT Florida Gators

part of the reason Humphries was under the radar is because he is so young. Note the ages of the following OTs. The year in parentheses is their first year in college.

Nov 18, 1991 - TJ Clemmings (2010)

Dec 26, 1991 - Brandon Scherff (2010)

Mar 10, 1992 - Ty Sambrailo (2010)

April 25, 1992 - Cedric Ogbuehi (2010)

Aug 23, 1992 - Cameron Erving (2010)

July 29, 1993 - La'el Collins (2011)

Aug 16, 1993 - Jake Fisher (2011)

?? - Ereck Flowers (2012)

Nov 4, 1993 - Andrus Peat (2012)

Dec 28, 1993 - D. J. Humphries (2012) <-----------------------

Only Flowers and Peat are as young as Humphries, and Humphries is less known because he didn't get as many starts:

Career Starts

29 - Ereck Flowers

27 - Andrus Peat

19 - DJ Humphries

Panthers.com right now about DJ:

Florida offensive tackle D.J. Humphries said his decision to declare for the NFL Draft following his junior season was based on a "gut feeling." But the Charlotte native and Mallard Creek High School graduate knew he needed to make that gut a little bigger in preparation for the next level.

"They wanted to see if I could be 300-plus, because I haven't been in college, and that's very vital for the NFL," Humphries said.

The 6-foot-5-inch Humphries, who said he topped out at 295 pounds in college, weighed 307 pounds at the Combine.

Humphries' added weight checks the box on the scouting report, but it's his athleticism as a big man that gives him a chance to be a first-round draft choice.

"That's the funny thing – I've actually shaved some time off my (40-yard dash). I'm moving pretty well still," Humphries said. "I think my fluid athletic ability sets me apart from other guys. That's going to make me stick out – how quickly I can get to the second level."

Hometown friends would love to see Humphries put that athleticism on display for the Panthers.

"All my Charlotte friends want me to go to the Panthers so bad. Whoever is ready to take me I am ready," Humphries said. "But it would be pretty cool to go back home to Charlotte."

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Offensive-tackles-look-to-set-themselves-apart/c5a1fd38-f9a8-4a87-bd9a-6247b858a94d

Wouldn't hate the pick at all. The scouting reports I've seen basically said he has a nasty streak, but relies on basically "fist-fighting" opponents instead of using technique. Hands are too high, and he tends to lean into people instead of keeping balanced. 

I've got faith in the staff to correct the technical issues, and having two guys on the left side of the line in the future with a mean streak? Yes please. 

Archived