• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Release Safety Thomas DeCoud

Jeremy Igo

And yet, you mention Rolle like he is the savior. http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/01/grading_the_giants_safeties_antrel_rolle_stevie_brown_quintin_demps_and_nat_berhe.html

He graded out worse than Demps, and I don't believe that he can even return kicks.

I am fairly confident that Demps graded higher than Harper as well (someone with a subscription to PFF could probably help us out).

I am not saying that we shouldn't address the position further, but that Demps would be a cheap upgrade, with the ability to return kicks (where he is somewhat intriguing, actually).

post-1-142421480967_thumb.jpg

Is he supposed to teach the other players how to play? Isnt that what a coach is for? Veterans should lead by example and show the younger guys the ropes (work outs, how to take care of their bodies etc.) And to your last point about he'll play until someone puts him on the bench well on 31 other teams he would be on the bench. We definitely need to upgrade both safety positions this offseason. Harper is garbage.

I think you are missing the invaluable information Harper gave bene josh and tre this year.

The potential safeties being mentioned in this thread is odd considering they're all kinda on the downturn and over 29.  Given our growing cap space, let's go after some young proven guys who we could give a decent contract to.  Looking at the talent at each respective position, safety is one we can really upgrade in the FA:

Da'Norris Searcy

Kendrick Lewis

Rahim Moore

Devin McCourty

Ron Parker

Kurt Coleman

These are the type of names IMO people should be talking about.  Not more 29 y/o+ types. 

I think you are missing the invaluable information Harper gave bene josh and tre this year.

I'm sure he did but that isn't the point what more can he tell them? How to suck? I don't see the purpose in keeping him he showed our younger guys the ropes last year now I think it's time we move on and I don't know maybe finally.get a safety that has some talent?

Two more examples:

Jeromy Miles is one who replaced Darian Stewart in Baltimore and played very well.  May have the best speed-size combo in the FA class at SS. 

Kendrick Lewis in Houston is one who's come into his own at FS.  

Again, this is just to serve as an example, they won't be that expensive (Moore, McCourty will be paid a good amount), are young, showed a good deal of promise so far in their careers.  I've seen so much talk about how the OTs and the WRs are nothing spectacular, but the safety group has solid contributors available this offseason.    

Archived