• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Release Safety Thomas DeCoud

Jeremy Igo

name one other vet in the secondary.

He'll start until another player puts him on the bench.

Is he supposed to teach the other players how to play? Isnt that what a coach is for? Veterans should lead by example and show the younger guys the ropes (work outs, how to take care of their bodies etc.) And to your last point about he'll play until someone puts him on the bench well on 31 other teams he would be on the bench. We definitely need to upgrade both safety positions this offseason. Harper is garbage.

Really wish we would cut Harper or just play him as an OLB on passing downs he's to slow to play safety. Anyone know if we save any cap by releasing him?

Yes we can cut him and save money. I just forgot how much, but if I recall it is in the vicinity of Decoud's cap savings.

I'd cut him in a heartbeat, and try to sign Quintin Demps.  This would be an upgrade over Harper. Plus Demps can return kicks if necessary.

Yes we can cut him and save money. I just forgot how much, but if I recall it is in the vicinity of Decoud's cap savings.

I'd cut him in a heartbeat, and try to sign Quintin Demps. This would be an upgrade over Harper. Plus Demps can return kicks if necessary.

I would be happy with that. You get another veteran who is likely an upgrade plus he could possibly contribute on STs

This was a no-brainer cut with Tre Boston emerging and the $2mil in cap space it saves.  No way they'll cut Harper.  

Gotta say it feels good to be reigning division champs with something around $20 million in cap space, with more likely to come, and a young and talented roster.  Carolina is poised to make a big jump in 2015.

This was a no-brainer cut with Tre Boston emerging and the $2mil in cap space it saves. No way they'll cut Harper.

Gotta say it feels good to be reigning division champs with something around $20 million in cap space, with more likely to come, and a young and talented roster. Carolina is poised to make a big jump in 2015.

Indeed, but it will only continue at the expense of unpopular decisions fan wise! Releasing Smith and not overpaying for a mediocre LT are part of the reasons we have this cap space

Archived