• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Say it ain't so.... Joe...

Jeremy Igo

Actually, this is where I think the change in scouting services is going to be important.

BLESTO concentrates on game performance rather than measurables. You could figure they would factor level of competition into that formula.

Few people ever seem to talk about that change, but it was made before last year's draft and we had arguably our best rookie class ever.

I actually believe that might have been a more important move than any of us realized at the time.

best point in the thread right here. 

Worst? freaking out because the team was mentioned in regards to a prospect - total rookie move.  One, that stuff comes from agents, so consider that.  Two, speaking to a guy, scouting a guy, even working out a guy, doesn't mean "we're clearly making this guy the cornerstone of our draft.  They talk to everybody.  That's what scouts do. 

Dave Gettleman said BPA.  I don't know how clearer that needs to be.  

best point in the thread right here.

Worst? freaking out because the team was mentioned in regards to a prospect - total rookie move. One, that stuff comes from agents, so consider that. Two, speaking to a guy, scouting a guy, even working out a guy, doesn't mean "we're clearly making this guy the cornerstone of our draft. They talk to everybody. That's what scouts do.

Dave Gettleman said BPA. I don't know how clearer that needs to be.

I think at least part of it is people still pissed about Kugbila.

Philosophy is fine, but you want sound information in any decision.  Choosing to not scout players because they came from small schools (which is separate from the other discussion, "OMG MY LOCAL SCHOOL IS BETTER THAN YOURS") is lacking in sound information.  

I don't want my team's philosophy to be anything on the level of "we're letting agents tell the media our plans" or "we're going to not even scout players because we got burned by a similar prospect."  It's OK if that's just me. 

Worth doing a quick review...

2014 Picks by School:

Round 1 - Florida State

Round 2 - Missouri

Round 3 - LSU

Round 4 - North Carolina

Round 5 - San Jose State

Round 6 - Stanford

Undrafted Players:

Ohio State (Brown)

Ohio State (Norwell)

Texas (Byndom)

Florida Atlantic (Glanton)

Michigan State (D Allen)

Missouri (M Lucas)

Alabama-Birmingham (D Reaves)

West Virginia (Rowell)

Miami (J Wheeler)

Worth doing a quick review...

2014 Picks by School:

Round 1 - Florida State

Round 2 - Missouri

Round 3 - LSU

Round 4 - North Carolina

Round 5 - San Jose State

Round 6 - Stanford

Undrafted Players:

Ohio State (Brown)

Ohio State (Norwell)

Texas (Byndom)

Florida Atlantic (Glanton)

Michigan State (D Allen)

Missouri (M Lucas)

Alabama-Birmingham (D Reaves)

West Virginia (Rowell)

Miami (J Wheeler)

And possibly the best overall draft in Panthers history.

This gives me hope.

And possibly the best overall draft in Panthers history.

This gives me hope.

Do you think guys like Byndom and Lucas could end up contributing? I remember a lot being pretty high on Lucas last training camp, and you liking Byndom. 

Archived