• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Passing on Greg Hardy - Here is why

Jeremy Igo

Either way you have to take big risks for big rewards.

we took a big risk by putting the franchise tag on him in the first place and it blew up in our face because of his off field poo.

we wasted $13mil that we couldn't afford to waste. how much more should we be willing to risk? where has he shown that he learned how to better control his off field life and put himself out of risk?

Either way you have to take big risks for big rewards.

Not sure i agree with that, but accepting the premise, you still have to be wise enough to know who justifies the risk and who'll burn you.

The Browns are a prime example of a team with all the balls and none of the brains when it comes to this kind of decision making.

I'd say Gettleman's opinion of Hardy at this point is that he's too big a risk, and there are some pretty good supporting arguments.

we took a big risk by putting the franchise tag on him in the first place and it blew up in our face because of his off field poo.

we wasted $13mil that we couldn't afford to waste. how much more should we be willing to risk? where has he shown that he learned how to better control his off field life and put himself out of risk?

Some guys get in trouble, get through it and come out wiser.

Other guys get in trouble, escape the consequences, and look at it as a license to go even more hogwild than before.

My money's on Hardy being part of Group B.

Some guys get in trouble, get through it and come out wiser.

Other guys get in trouble, escape the consequences, and look at it as a license to go even more hogwild than before.

My money's on Hardy being part of Group B.

well put and agreed.

additionally a team guy, when he found out that he had been made inactive would stick around for his teammates on the sidelines or at least around the stadium.

hardy went to a strip club and made it rain.

well put and agreed.

additionally a team guy, when he found out that he had been made inactive would stick around for his teammates on the sidelines or at least around the stadium.

hardy went to a strip club and made it rain.

Yep, and I think his attitude helped cement his fate here (if it wasn't already).

Of course I've been saying it before last free agency period. The real reason why the Panthers aren't going to re-sign Hardy, is because they never intended to re-sign him from the get go. It was a rental year, aka Julius Peppers style. That is why I said when we tagged him, it was a complete waste of money. If the Panther really intended to bring Hardy back, they would have locked him up last off season instead of tagging him. Hardy was always after top dollar, and I knew from the get go the Panthers weren't going to give him that with Cam's contract coming up and so on.

So in the end, they were never looking to give him a long term deal, and we missed out in getting Jared Veldheer.

If G-man never intended to sign Hardy (and you aren't alone in this belief), then that was a dumb move. And, yes, missing out on Veldheer was even dumber.

Archived