• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It is about to get real

Jeremy Igo

http://abc7chicago.com/health/measles-confirmed-in-2-children-in-palatine/505631/

PALATINE, Ill. (WLS) --

Cook County health officials are investigating a cluster of measles at a KinderCare Learning Center in northwest suburban Palatine, officials announced Thursday.

Lab testing has confirmed measles in two children, and results for three others are still pending. All five children are under the age of one and are residents of suburban Cook County.

Poor kids are under 1 so they haven't been able to get vaccinated for the measles fully yet. They are paying the price for parents choosing not to have their school mates fully vaccinated. 

Moron parents who don't vaccinate their children are going to be the cause of many child deaths in this country this year. This is just the beginning. 

This whole situation just makes me furious. This is the dangerous thing about the internet. Morons with a much higher opinion of their own intelligence than they should read a few articles and think their opinions are equal to that of medical professionals. 

I'm anti vaccine with a Mercury preservative. That poo is dangerous.

But that is VERY rare anymore. Get your measles vac.

I've been accused of being anti vaccine because I don't believe in giving a newborn eight vaccines right after being born.

Both sides sound stupid. I have no idea why anyone would want to vaccinate their infant against things they have no reasonable threat.

But this is more about everyone thinks their kid is special. Herd immunity is fun and protects those that actually can't get certain vaccines.

what? no reasonable threat? These kids are under one and 2 for sure have measles. sounds like a threat to me.

I never said measles. For the first six months you're still using your mother's immune system. Then after that it should be one vaccine at a time, three months between vaccines, and never while the kid is sick. How hard is that?

Who puts a child of less than a years age in " kinder care" ?  Seriously - If you really want to have kids you should be willing to have one of the parents stay home and take care of them for a few years.  That seems like the sensible thing to do - not depend on everyone else vaccinating their kid sso you can dump yours off in the equivalent of an industrial feed lot for germs.

Who puts a child of less than a years age in " kinder care" ? Seriously - If you really want to have kids you should be willing to have one of the parents stay home and take care of them for a few years. That seems like the sensible thing to do - not depend on everyone else vaccinating their kid sso you can dump yours off in the equivalent of an industrial feed lot for germs.

Well this is incredibly unrealistic.

Who puts a child of less than a years age in " kinder care" ?  Seriously - If you really want to have kids you should be willing to have one of the parents stay home and take care of them for a few years.  That seems like the sensible thing to do - not depend on everyone else vaccinating their kid sso you can dump yours off in the equivalent of an industrial feed lot for germs.

Shut up grandpa... you're drunk

It's called reality. Majority of families, even in middle class, rely on a two income household. 

Archived