• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFC South Unrestricted Free Agents

Jeremy Igo

With the next significant NFL date being the start of Free Agency on March 10, I thought I would take a look at the NFC South and see what teams are dealing with.

Carolina has the fewest amount of Unrestricted Free Agents in the NFC South at 11. The Atlanta Falcons have the most at a whopping 19. I am not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing for their new coaching staff. It may help a great deal in molding the team they want.

Here are the Unrestricted Free Agents by team...

Atlanta Falcons - 19 UFA

Osi Umenyiora
Sean Weatherspoon
Kroy Biermann
Matt Bryant
Jacquizz Rodgers
Corey Peters
Robert McClain
Gabe Carimi
Antone Smith
Mike Johnson
Cliff Matthews
T.J. Yates
Josh Wilson
Javier Arenas
Dwight Lowery
Eric Weems
Bear Pascoe
Charles Godfrey
Jonathan Scott

Carolina Panthers - 11 UFA

Greg Hardy
Byron Bell
Dwan Edwards
Colin Cole
Chase Blackburn
Joe Webb
Ed Dickson
Kevin Matthews
Garry Williams
James Dockery
Chris Scott

New Orleans Saints - 13 UFA

Patrick Robinson
Mark Ingram
Luke McCown
Ramon Humber
Parys Haralson
Jonathan Goodwin
Cheta Ozougwu
Robert Meachem
Shayne Graham
Brandon Deaderick
Jamarca Sanford
Moise Fokou
Greg Romeus

Tampa Bay - 12 UFA

Adrian Clayborn
Mike Jenkins
Mason Foster
Dane Fletcher
Da'Quan Bowers
Luke Stocker
Oniel Cousins
Major Wright
Larry English
Jason Williams
Lawrence Sidbury
Greg Ellingson

info provided by sport trac

I can't wait to see the Saints attempt to field a team next year...20 something million already over the cap, and some key guys they won't be able to re-sign/have to cut others? Yes, yes, and more yes.

The Falcons have some "big" names on that list as well (for them anyway), with a roster already bare when it comes to talent outside of their top 3-4 guys. Would love to see Matt Bryant switch teams.

And the Bucs have a couple decent names as well on the defensive side, so will be interesting to see what they do in bringing guys back or letting them leave town. 

As for the Panthers...yeah we're losing nobody of big worth from last season. Either Dwan or Cole will come back I assume, not both.  Dickson and Webb would also be nice additions again if cheap. I'd also still like to see Bell brought back in a backup role on the cheap (only a backup role), but for some reason I think he's wanting to get paid decent money to suck...somewhere else I hope. 

Archived