• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilson for MVP....

WhoAmI?

All of you make good points. I still think that they got cute hoping to make WIlson out to be the the lead story. It would not surprise me one bit if that was their motive, no matter the circumstances. Wilson didn't win the MVP last year, Lynch would have won it this year if he scored that TD, they wanted Wilson to get it. That bunch seens like the type to do something like that.

Actually, if I remember right, didn't they pad Wilson's stats last superbowl when they were already up by like 24 or something?

Yup Yup

I brought this up earlier in another thread.

The Seattle defense, actually scored more points than the offense did in the 2014 Supe Bowl. And they did it early. So Wilson stays in the game and pads his stats through out, while given that big point cushion from the start, before he, or the offense did anything.

Ironically, though he thankfully didn't win MVP in Supe Bowl 2014; there were some in the media who were lobbying for Wilson to be MVP, though he obviously had nothing to do with the games outcome, just because of that very stat padding you brought up.

Let's remember. The defense scored more points than the offense, and they scored all of their points before the offense scored their first. It's like the QB/Wilson, was a complete bystander when so much of the scoring took place (with the game essentially decided already) during the first half. Absolutely incredible!

Watched that play again. Lynch was wide open heading for the corner of the endzone. Wlson tried to force it to the slant route and got it picked.

The receiver on the slant was wide open early in the play.  Could be that Wilson hit him a couple of steps to late.

Although had Wilson hit him earlier, he might not have gotten the td.  Of course, then they call a time out and hand it to Lynch or let Wilson run it in. 

The Pats specifically gameplanned for this play. That's why Butler picked uo on it.

Simple stats here. 109 passes from the 1 this past season. Zero interceptions. Z-E-R-O.

Lynch only ran from the 1 5 times ALL season scoring just once.

Sheer probability alone goes towards the pass. Even the shark dancing at half time was expecting run.

Y'all some overthinking posters.

Archived