• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilson for MVP....

WhoAmI?

Makes total sense to me,..

Probably why Carrolls explanation was so ridiculous. He should have said flat out,.."it was a touchdown throw, not high risk, and Butler made a play. 99 times out of 100 it was a touchdown, and Id call it again. "

That would have shut up the controversy. Now we are off deflate gate and on the endless threads with everyone now an expert on what ifs in the past.

Butler makes one false move and everyone is talking about how brilliant the call was, how the whole Patriots defense sold out on Marshawn,.. bla bla bla.

Except that the backfield was empty. It's the same reason Panther fans gripe when we get into that situation and Shula goes empty backfield - there is zero question about what is going to happen.

I 100% agree. The only reason you make that call is because you wanted him to be the one to make the play. I don't want to hear about NE stacking the line. You give it to Lynch every down and make them stop you. That play was all about moving out of the Beast Mode era and into the RW era.

I 100% agree. The only reason you make that call is because you wanted him to be the one to make the play. I don't want to hear about NE stacking the line. You give it to Lynch every down and make them stop you. That play was all about moving out of the Beast Mode era and into the RW era.

Spot on

While I believe that sounds really good, I don't see that a coaching staff doing that.  Most staffs have trouble thinking through 2 minute warning situations where you have to prepare 3-4 steps ahead on the field. I can't imagine them being able to keep off the field things in mind in the biggest game of their life (excluding last year).  

Do I think they like RW more than Beast Mode? Probably. But I can't see them letting that cloud their judgment on what play to call. 

I think the underrated mistake was the unnecessary timeout after the two minute warning. Left them with one timeout and they may have been hesistant to burn out on a run that fell short.

The playcall was awful. The decision to pass wasnt bad-it wasnt good-but it wasnt bad. Throwing it right into the heart of the defense, in the RZ, empty backfield. Bad. And Wilson just made a bad throw.

I don't believe the coaches  were wanting Wilson to thown the game winning pass just to reap the personal glory. I think it was just an error in judgement on the play call.

The whole nation knew it was the wrong thing to do, when Wilson dropped back in the empty backfield set,everyone could see the Seahawks were going to pass. I was screaming ,No!!! No!!! Hand the fugging  ball off to Lynch. What a bad ending,to an otherwise good Super Bowl.

All of you make good points. I still think that they got cute hoping to make WIlson out to be the the lead story. It would not surprise me one bit if that was their motive, no matter the circumstances. Wilson didn't win the MVP last year, Lynch would have won it this year if he scored that TD, they wanted Wilson to get it. That bunch seens like the type to do something like that.

Actually, if I remember right, didn't they pad Wilson's stats last superbowl when they were already up by like 24 or something?

Still a stretch that he wins MVP with 13 completions.  I think Lynch 100 Yards + a TD gets it.

You'd think they would be more concerned about getting Wilson that first career win in a game where the Seattle D gave up more than 24 pts.  As it stands now, he's 0-7 when they do.  

But yea, go ahead and pay him 25 million a year.

Archived