• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Wilson is smoke and mirrors.

PanthersUnited

Wilson is a bright and capable QB but other than Jake I've never seen someone throw so many high arching deep balls and hope their receivers go up and get them to such success.................that is not a good deep ball passing QB.........that is one lucky SOB QB when it comes to that aspect of his game.............

Schoolyard or not, he put up over 300 yards passing on us in the opener last year and another 268 in the playoffs when we did a good job of shutting Lynch down. He also put up almost 400 against the Falcons in the playoffs his rookie season and was a defensive brainfart from pulling off a three TD comeback in the 4th quarter in that game. So I don't buy the argument that he can't pass when the run is shut down. Is he a conventional/deadly pocket passer like a Brady? No, but I don't think Cam is either, that doesn't mean they aren't really impressive quarterbacks.

I agree with Igo, Wilson hit a RB on a wheel perfectly in stride to where he didn't have to pause for a single second.

I don't remember seeing Cam do that. Maybe ever.

I think Cam is better than Russ, but Russ deep ball is better by such a large margin you can't even really compare the two.

He makes good touch throws. I don't think it's fair to take that away from him.  However he isn't that developed. He's just a good player on a great team. He's also able to get away with a lot because of his legs. Plus his lame ass cookie cutter persona helps his image with the media.

well obviously Wilson is horrible

he just finished his rookie contract and all he has done is take the Seahawks to the playoffs three years including two Super Bowl appearances and one Super Bowl win...and the worst call in football history away from making that two wins

set a record for number of wins in the first three seasons

only qb to throw for 300 and run for 100 in a single game

most passing yards in a playoff game by a rookie

all of that with no big name wide receivers

obviously he's horrible.

I agree with Igo, Wilson hit a RB on a wheel perfectly in stride to where he didn't have to pause for a single second.

I don't remember seeing Cam do that. Maybe ever.

I think Cam is better than Russ, but Russ deep ball is better by such a large margin you can't even really compare the two.

Problem is, Wilson's deep ball is seemingly always off timing patterns (or throwing to one, or a wide open receiver). When does he ever throw a deep ball during an incoming pass rush, or after he surveys the defense?

And I saw Cam, throw a perfect long ball to Lafell in KC a few seasons ago (and KB, and others this year), that fell right through their hands. Yes, Cam's long ball has not been as good as it was his first season in the NFL. However, if we're going to point out what Wilson did in one game yesterday, then we have to talk about the intricacies of his passing.

Archived