• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Wilson is smoke and mirrors.

PanthersUnited

How many TDs did the Seahawks' defense score last Super Bowl against the Broncos? Any QB can win a SB if that happens. ANY ONE.

People forget this.

Seattle's defense, scored more points than the Seattle offense in last years Superbowl. And they scored those points early, so Wilson had nothing to do but pad the lead (and his stats), which he did. Who could have asked for anything better, if you want your legacy based on winning (as opposed to what you actually contribute to it).

And remember, a then no name defender was Superbowl MVP; not Wilson, he did so little.

Incredible!

The guy is just a average game manager that is carried by a extremely good team and coaching. Here is the Seahawks offense.. Lynch run, Lynch run, Wilson lobs a deep pass downfield and it is caught. He is not a QB that can methodically drive an offense down the field from the pocket, he rarely throws to tight windows and he rarely threads the needle. All of his passes are deep floaters that somehow other teams dont see coming and the WR happens to be at the right place and right time.

Put Wilson in the Colts or Packers offense and he would fail. He is extremely lucky he has a good supporting cast and defensec that carries him.

He gets "luck" enough for me to know that his deep ball is just that good. He is a game manager but he can make the throws he needs to make downfield and get over the second tier of the defense. That's what you need to do when you have Lynch as your running back.

He gets "luck" enough for me to know that his deep ball is just that good. He is a game manager but he can make the throws he needs to make downfield and get over the second tier of the defense. That's what you need to do when you have Lynch as your running back.

Yeah, but his  "deep throws" are always loopers, never beebees, and he's usually throwing to that single receiver. He's not standing in there surveying the defense.

Let's face it. Wilson has limits as a pocket QB, and Seattle knows it; thus adjust their offense for him.

There's not necessarily anything wrong with that. It's only the unnecessary hype and adulation (along with the lucky winning), that Wilson receives, which becomes so annoying.

He has the charmed life of, not having to carry the burden off that offense, but nonetheless receive all the adulation from the media, cause he's a nice guy in their eyes (though ironically, not necessarily to his own teammates).

Yeah, but his  "deep throws" are always loopers, never beebees, and he's usually throwing to that single receiver. He's not standing in there surveying the defense.

Let's face it. Wilson has limits as a pocket QB, and Seattle knows it; thus adjust their offense for him.

There's not necessarily anything wrong with that. It's only the unnecessary hype and adulation (along with the lucky winning), that Wilson receives, which becomes so annoying.

He has the charmed life of, not having to carry the burden off that offense, but nonetheless receive all the adulation from the media, cause he's a nice guy in their eyes (though ironically, not necessarily to his own teammates).

You sound bitter. Wilson is more than adequate and is still very young. People tend to evolve or they fall behind, while his deep throws seem lucky, they are really solid.

You sound bitter. Wilson is more than adequate and is still very young. People tend to evolve or they fall behind, while his deep throws seem lucky, they are really solid.

If I sound "bitter" in your eyes, then you're certainly delusional, and/or blind in mine. :startle:

SMH

Must be an NC fan (or family member)?

If I sound "bitter" in your eyes, then you're certainly delusional, and/or blind in mine. :startle:

SMH

Must be an NC fan (or family member)?

No, actually I went to ECU and witnessed the same Russell Wilson misfire under similar circumstances in Greenville. The point is that the knee jerk reactions to certain situations are usually overblown. One play confirms your bias or you continue to search. Wilson is a solid player who will continue to develop and mature the same way Cam and Luck will.

I just don't pass judgment because I don't "like how his floaters are lucky" or "he can't read defenses" because I don't know that to be fact. The same things are said about Cam and people jump all over it, complaining that they are biased and misinformed.

No, actually I went to ECU and witnessed the same Russell Wilson misfire under similar circumstances in Greenville. The point is that the knee jerk reactions to certain situations are usually overblown. One play confirms your bias or you continue to search. Wilson is a solid player who will continue to develop and mature the same way Cam and Luck will.

I just don't pass judgment because I don't "like how his floaters are lucky" or "he can't read defenses" because I don't know that to be fact. The same things are said about Cam and people jump all over it, complaining that they are biased and misinformed.

Enough!

I responded to you initially with a cogent response on Wilson's QB skills, and you retorted with inane, futile, attempted name calling.

Now, you don't deserve a proper listen or response. Not wasting my time with miscreants.

Enjoy your week though.

Saying something like this  shows your bitterness. You could leave out the words "charming" and the bit about being a nice guy and your argument about his skills would make sense.

He also does throw tight spirals on a rope from time to time which makes your point that he "never" throws beebees moot. And he doesn't stand in there and survey the defense? Why do you think his receivers are wide open for his "lucky loopers". He stands in there and waits as long as he has to.

His true limitation is that he doesn't make the timing throws and he will rarely throw receivers open from the pocket in a normal sequence from snap-drop-pass. It's unorthodox but it does not make him a poor quarterback.

Now run along child. (Who uses SMH in an argument anyway)

For a free wrist band guess which rounds the wr's were drafted for Seattle.

Doesn't matter where they were (un)drafted. If they're routinely wide open and/or making crazy catches then they're routinely wide open and/or making crazy catches.

I've watched more than enough Seattle games to know just how underrated their WR corps is. Don't listen to the media and Wilson fanboys that sell those guys short in order to prop RW up.

I would LOVE to have a receiving corps that's as effective in the scramble drill and coming back to the ball as they are with a mobile QB like Cam. Our guys just stand there and give up on the play or jog through the end of their routes.

I was one of the few that predicted Golden Tate blowing up this year because I always knew he was a legit talent. Same with Doug Baldwin.

Wilson throws a prettier long ball than Cam currently.

Don't entirely disagree. There were prettier 3 point jumpers than MJ too, including Dell Curry. Cam will improve with experience and already has the howitzer that I wouldn't trade for any.

Archived