• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Wilson is smoke and mirrors.

PanthersUnited

The thing is I really like Wilson and he seems like a great guy and has a great attitude. But the damn media hyping his ass up is what makes me not like him. He's a solid QB but he's just that. Not elite, not a star, just a solid QB that can contribute to winning games when he has a team around him who can do a lot as well. I don't want to compare him to Cam but Cam is a superstar QB who carries an offense. He's not perfect yet and not elite yet, but I'm certain he will be in due time. He's asked to do it all. Soon everyone will realize.

The jealousy the Cam fans have around here is just unreal. Those floaters that just happen to land in the wide receivers hands are called touch and timing, something Cam could certainly improve on. Wilson had 5 undrafted free agents at receiver tonight and a 5th round tight end, in what world is that a good supporting cast? Don't tell me one running back is what makes his supporting cast great or the defense, because our excellent defense never seems to get mentioned as part of Cam's supporting cast.

Luck?

The Panthers and Packers had their opportunities and didn't capitalize on them.

Seattle did, until they played the Patriots today.

Seahawks have been balling these last few years and made it to the Super Bowl two years running.

Sorry butt hurt people of the Huddle, Seahawks are a very good team and that includes an excellent QB in Wilson.

post-16885-0-16038900-1422856956_thumb.j

The jealousy the Cam fans have around here is just unreal. Those floaters that just happen to land in the wide receivers hands are called touch and timing, something Cam could certainly improve on. Wilson had 5 undrafted free agents at receiver tonight and a 5th round tight end, in what world is that a good supporting cast? Don't tell me one running back is what makes his supporting cast great or the defense, because our excellent defense never seems to get mentioned as part of Cam's supporting cast.

Sorry, our D gave up a TD and a hook (7.5) more than them a game.

The thing is I really like Wilson and he seems like a great guy and has a great attitude. But the damn media hyping his ass up is what makes me not like him. He's a solid QB but he's just that. Not elite, not a star, just a solid QB that can contribute to winning games when he has a team around him who can do a lot as well. I don't want to compare him to Cam but Cam is a superstar QB who carries an offense. He's not perfect yet and not elite yet, but I'm certain he will be in due time. He's asked to do it all. Soon everyone will realize.

This.

He completed 12 passes the whole game, 4-5 of those were lobbed jump balls, another 4-5 went to guys that were completely wide open. The 1 or 2 good passes all game were single coverage on the outside with no safety help. No tight windows, no splitting defenders, things that every other QB in the NFL are asked to do on a regular basis.

He's very mediocre and every game the OLine, Lynch, STs, coaches and dominating defense have to carry him. The only above average part of his game is his ability to scramble. He's basically a shorter less douchebag version of Colin Kaepernick.

The entire game he was asked ONCE to make a tough throw and he stared down the receiver, allowed the DB to jump the route and threw a game losing INT. He could have just thrown the ball out of bounds, let Lynch run it in on 3rd down and all the talking heads would fall over themselves to say how great he is. But of course he couldn't even do that.

Now hurry Seattle and sign him to a $150 million contract, what could go wrong.

He completed 12 passes the whole game, 4-5 of those were lobbed jump balls, another 4-5 went to guys that were completely wide open. The 1 or 2 good passes all game were single coverage on the outside with no safety help. No tight windows, no splitting defenders, things that every other QB in the NFL are asked to do on a regular basis.

He's very mediocre and every game the OLine, Lynch, STs, coaches and dominating defense have to carry him. The only above average part of his game is his ability to scramble. He's basically a shorter less douchebag version of Colin Kaepernick.

The entire game he was asked ONCE to make a tough throw and he stared down the receiver, allowed the DB to jump the route and threw a game losing INT. He could have just thrown the ball out of bounds, let Lynch run it in on 3rd down and all the talking heads would fall over themselves to say how great he is. But of course he couldn't even do that.

Now hurry Seattle and sign him to a $150 million contract, what could go wrong.

The past few years Seattle has revolutionized how we should view defense, offense, and the QB position in the NFL, yet we try to fit them into the same category as all the previous great teams that came before them when that's not what they are at all.

In an offensive-centric league, the Seahawks play an attacking 4-3 style with a defensive backfield that can stifle even the best pass offenses. In a passing league, the lifeblood of their offense is the running back, a position that's virtually obsolete, especially in the regular season. The offense is built to help the defense (grind it out, run clock, keep opposition T.O.P. to a minmum) and the defense is built to help the offense (force turnovers, 3 and outs, short fields for offense to work with.)

They, more than any team I can remember, play "team" football, which might explain why it's difficult to determine who their single best player is. Wilson? Lynch? Sherman? Chancellor? Any one of those have valid arguments. This was never in question with the great teams of the previous era where the QB was the offense (Manning's Colts, Brady's Pats, Brees' Saints, etc.)

Wilson is not asked to do much as far as passing, since his dual-threat ability is utilized more often than the typical NFL offense. Put him on the Jaguars and he's probably viewed in a completely different light. His job as the quarterback in that system is to be nothing more than a "game manager" which, because of this "First Take" era where everything in sports must have a buzzword attached to it and be viewed in a polarizing fashion, became a backhanded compliment while "ELITE" simply meant you had to put up gaudy numbers or win a bunch of games.

The Seahawks and this new generation of QBs and teams set to take over after that Brady-Manning era finally exits stage left are changing how the game of football is played, yet we're still trying to fit them into these categories where they don't belong.

What's up with all the hate?  The guy is a terrific QB. He was 1 yard away from beating Brady and winning his 2nd consecutive Super Bowl.

I'll give you this; he was very fortunate to have been drafted by the Seahawks. The team is so good that he doesn't have to win games by himself. He just has to not turn the ball over and make good decisions.

Archived