• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Wilson is smoke and mirrors.

PanthersUnited

The guy is just a average game manager that is carried by a extremely good team and coaching. Here is the Seahawks offense.. Lynch run, Lynch run, Wilson lobs a deep pass downfield and it is caught. He is not a QB that can methodically drive an offense down the field from the pocket, he rarely throws to tight windows and he rarely threads the needle. All of his passes are deep floaters that somehow other teams dont see coming and the WR happens to be at the right place and right time.

Put Wilson in the Colts or Packers offense and he would fail. He is extremely lucky he has a good supporting cast and defensec that carries him.

The guy is just a average game manager that is carried by a extremely good team and coaching. Here is the Seahawks offense.. Lynch run, Lynch run, Wilson lobs a deep pass downfield and it is caught. He is not a QB that can methodically drive an offense down the field from the pocket, he rarely throws to tight windows and he rarely threads the needle. All of his passes are deep floaters that somehow other teams dont see coming and the WR happens to be at the right place and right time.

Put Wilson in the Colts or Packers offense and he would fail. He is extremely lucky he has a good supporting cast and defensec that carries him.

I'm obviously a Cam=GOAT guy so naturally RW is the "enemy", but he's a pretty special athlete too.  I do agree with much of what you said though.  The 2 point conversion last week (after 4 INTs) and the play before the play tonight were reasons to believe he truly had sold his soul to the devil himself.  It truly is amazing how deep he must get on every pass play over the middle or how he simply must move around to have a window but is either allowed to by the D or he's able to do it on his own.  It's not being a hater, it's a scientific fact for a 5'10 QB in the NFL.  Without the beast I can't wait to see where the tike can take them. 

From this point on, we will see the demise of the Seattle Seahawks Supe Bowl run.

They shouldn't have even gotten this far, if the Panthers had done their jobs. Statistics/Recent history had show us, Supe Bowl Champs, hadn't even won  a playoff game the following year.

And we all saw their good fortune against Greenbay.

Well, after a while, all luck runs dry. And so I think it will be for Seattle, and the very, very fortunate, but limited Russell Wilson and Seattle.

For all the complaining we do about our receivers not being up to par, Russell just got a guy who had never caught a pass in the NFL a 100 yard game. I get why a lot of you hate him, because lady luck seens to shine on him a lot and we have to hear comparisons to Cam non-stop, but its just screams sour grapes to call him garbage

Luck?

The Panthers and Packers had their opportunities and didn't capitalize on them.

Seattle did, until they played the Patriots today.

Seahawks have been balling these last few years and made it to the Super Bowl two years running.

Sorry butt hurt people of the Huddle, Seahawks are a very good team and that includes an excellent QB in Wilson.

I thought the dude played great situational football inside his system and what the Patriots were giving them.

He made bombs, ran when he had to for big gains, and has pretty good touch.  

So Im not going to bash him.  Butler jumps 1/2 step later or Kearse fights a little harder for that ball its all a mute point now,..Russell the new King of the NFL etc.

Hes not elite I agree. Hes really good though, and hes incredibly lucky.

As Chuck Yeager said(and he was pretty much the greatest pilot ever by most opinions), "Id rather be lucky any day instead of good"

Archived