• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Katy Perry Halftime Show

Jeremy Igo

It was just meh for me...  Why did they even bother having Lenny Krevitz out there?  He was on stage for what, 1 minute?

Was very dissappointed with KP's outfits... I wanted some boobehs... but it was a pretty "family friendly" show, so I'll give them some credit for that.

imo Missy Elliott stole the show... music wise her songs were by far, far and away the best of the night.

KP was a 21st century version of the "up with people" crap the SB's used to have......remember that junk?

Okay I saw one legit musical instrument being played on stage........Lenny's Les Paul.........for a few minutes.........

Other than that............its Telly Tubbies on visual steroids..........

Thought it sucked. The giant tiger thing was a neat gimmick, but pretty boring in practice as she was just standing there pretending to be all inspirational, and I don't think anybody bought it because it felt completely flat. The middle songs where she wasn't just standing there were just bad bubble gum pop, imo. Missy Elliot and Lenny Kravitz are about 10 years past being relevant. The last song, Firework, was the closest thing to good, but even then it was all about the gimmick of that stupid flying star and the only thing saving it was the actual fireworks and the decency of the song because, once again, she's just standing there on a prop.

Don't know what's the point of having an "artist" perform "music" if it's going to be more about gimmicky effects and props instead of a performance.

As far as Super bowl halftime entertainment goes, I found the singers and special effects to be rather entertaining.

Didn't hear any poor vocals or see any bad lip-synching like in years past.

Overall this was one of the best shows seen to date.

Considering what I paid to see it, I would rate this halftime show an excellent value.

Archived