• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Katy Perry Halftime Show

Jeremy Igo

"I revel in shaking off the trammels of respectability." This, my favorite quote from the novel A Room with a View, can also be applied to the star of the Superbowl Halftime Show... none other than Ms Katey Perry.

I must admit I was somewhat unfamiliar with Ms Perry and her body of work, so I did a bit of research. Turns out, she is a very popular recording artist known for her larger than life personas.

KATY%20PERRY_0.jpg

Her first big hit was a controversial song about kissing a girl for the first time. In it, she alludes to her cherry lipstick and wonders if her boyfriend will be angry. This song is wonderfully written and presents an interesting look into the social stigmas of the early 21st century in regards to sexual orientation.

katy-perry-hot-photos5.jpeg

Perry grew up as a pastor's kid and sang in her church choir. As a child, she was not allowed to eat Lucky Charms cereal as it contained the word Luck which is derived from the name Lucifer, according to her. This could explain her provocative songs and attire, as children raised in such strict households tend to become more sexually deviant as adults.

SfsaZFv.jpg

Katy Perry has hosted the popular sketch comedy show Saturday Night live. In one sketch, she portrayed a fan of the children's show Sesame Street while wearing an Elmo Tshirt.

GrouchyUnfitAbalone.gif

Perry has become an icon for teenage girls everywhere. They enjoy her unique style of dress and non conformist attitude.

12840_katy_perry_mtv_europe_music_awards

This attitude extends to her hair style, which is always changing. Frequently she will adorn colored wigs that are a treat to the ocular senses.

Katy_Perry_Enormous_Boobs_Overshadow_201

I for one will be watching the Katy Perry half time show. I very much appreciate a true artist that is not afraid to display her greatest assets.

Archived