• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One thing to consider when talking Free Agents....

Jeremy Igo

We have an offensive system that requires deep passes down field as mandatory to function well. We had Avant and Cotchery, the two worst starting WRs in the NFL, who (I kid you not) were shut down by DEs. Yes DEs covered them like fuging glue. It happened. Avant and Cotchery can't go deep without the DB (not kidding) running five step ahead of them down the field. It happened. Our one good WR dropped I don't know how many deep passes, but a lot. To turn around and attack Shula is unfair imo. I'm not saying he did a great job, but Cotchery and Avant were horrible, and it crippled our offense. Throw in Chandler, the worst offensive tackle to ever start in the NFL (no I'm not joking) and you have a disaster on offense, and I don't care who you put in at OC. Add to the mix that Amini can't block stunts at all. He has never blocked a stunt well in his entire time here. Rivera won't throw Shula under the buss for garbage players who ruined our offense. Shula didn't make them terrible. They were already terrible or unproven when they arrived.

Going forward we've already dumped Avant, thank god. Now dump the rest of the dead weight. So long Cotchery. You're terrible and I could cover you, and so can DEs all the way down the field. And you quit on routes like a lazy asshole. Goodbye. So long Chandler, the worst OT we've ever had as a starter. You have to dump your worst players and bring in a new crop. Never keep bad players because they're cheap, or you owe them money. Pay them and dump them. They could be holding a roster spot of a star in the making. Dump and reload. Don't get cheap and hold onto junk. Don't be a hoarder GM.

I see Dickson getting re-signed, and, despite your's and Voth's and Jones' takes on the matter, I refuse to believe there is 0 chance Hardy's back. He's found innocent, 3 year deal for like $20M with just about no guaranteed and voids that if he gets in trouble we can cut him with no penalty.

If Greg's found innocent, somebody is gonna offer him a hell of a lot more than $20m non-guaranteed.

p55 contorts stuff all the time to fit his narrative, don't worry about it,

Sublimation is when you ascribe your own motives and actions to others.  I look at the facts and then create a narrative not the other way around.  You my friend are ascribing your actions and motives to me. Speak for yourself, I am more than capable of speaking for me.  Thank you..

So, as I understand you, Shula has NEVER had "the players to run his system"?  Since its a provable fact that he has NEVER been "very effective"?

On the contrary, in 2013 he had a much better offensive line and while he didn't have Stewart for the whole year, Williams and TOlbert did a pretty good job running the ball and Cam was fully healthy. With Ginn, Smith, and LaFell we had some deent receivers as well.  So no, we had decent weapons around him. 

What isn't true is that we were not efficient.  Teeray and others did prove that we were actually very efficient and the offense was a big reason that our defense was so good and we went 12-4.  Then again why go with the facts when huddle logic and watching football seems to be better than stat and facts to folks like you.  Arent you one of the constant bitchers about Cam not having any weapons.  How can you say that and act as if Shula had plenty of weapons on offense. Talking out of both sides of your mouth again it seems.

I hope we can keep Tolbert.. I think we need a fullback on this team, and Tolbert is a playmaker.. not as much this year from 2013, he did break his damn leg though. Dickson on another one year.. and would love to have Hardy.. I don't see him getting a huuuuge contract from anyone for any long term.. maybe he could play here for 2 years.

Really hope we could get Cobb or someone who could make a impact.. or atleast someone with a name to raise the teams confidence of competing with the best... If we got Revis?!?! Revis and keep Bene and Norman, Colin for the nickel. 

Sublimation is when you ascribe your own motives and actions to others.  I look at the facts and then create a narrative not the other way around.  You my friend are ascribing your actions and motives to me. Speak for yourself, I am more than capable of speaking for me.  Thank you..

Like how we actually....not the if game....spent more on O than D this year?

I hope we can keep Tolbert.. I think we need a fullback on this team, and Tolbert is a playmaker.. not as much this year from 2013, he did break his damn leg though. Dickson on another one year.. and would love to have Hardy.. I don't see him getting a huuuuge contract from anyone for any long term.. maybe he could play here for 2 years.

Really hope we could get Cobb or someone who could make a impact.. or atleast someone with a name to raise the teams confidence of competing with the best... If we got Revis?!?! Revis and keep Bene and Norman, Colin for the nickel. 

Shula has never seemed that interested in truly utilizing Tolbert.  Hate to say it, but I wouldn't be shocked to see us cut him.  He isn't worth his cap hit considering how we utilize him. Personally, I'd like to see him restructure and stay.

Like how we actually....not the if game....spent more on O than D this year?

Like I said depends on how you account it. Hardy because he went on the commissioner exempt list did not count toward the cap yet we spent that 13 million. Johnson was scheduled to count 17 million toward the cap but we restructured it to only count 11.7. So did we spend 30 million on our ends or 11 million? Steve Smith didn't play for us but cost us 5 million in dead cap,space. Does it count toward the offense or not given that we didn't have his services?

That isn't the if game that is fact and easily understood by those not being a dick or having an agenda.

Like I said depends on how you account it. Hardy because he went on the commissioner exempt list did not count toward the cap yet we spent that 13 million. Johnson was scheduled to count 17 million toward the cap but we restructured it to only count 11.7. So did we spend 30 million on our ends or 11 million? Steve Smith didn't play for us but cost us 5 million in dead cap,space. Does it count toward the offense or not given that we didn't have his services?

That isn't the if game that is fact and easily understood by those not being a dick or having an agenda.

I have no agenda here.  Our offense, either on or off the field cost us more than the defense either on or off the field.

Shula has never seemed that interested in truly utilizing Tolbert. Hate to say it, but I wouldn't be shocked to see us cut him. He isn't worth his cap hit considering how we utilize him. Personally, I'd like to see him restructure and stay.

In 2013 he was All Pro and went to the probowl and was a big part of the offense. In 2014 he was on IR most of the season and not very effective. Why would we cut him at this point if we think he can return to his 2013 form.

I have no agenda here. Our offense, either on or off the field cost us more than the defense either on or off the field.

If you understood the cap at all you would know that you can manipulate the numbers any way you want to squeeze everyone under. So perhaps the better way to articulate it is this. On which side of the ball did we have more talent in 2014- the offense or defense? Who had more to work with McDermott or Shula?

If you understood the cap at all you would know that you can manipulate the numbers any way you want to squeeze everyone under. So perhaps the better way to articulate it is this. On which side of the ball did we have more talent in 2014- the offense or defense? Who had more to work with McDermott or Shula?

You freaking jack leg, of course I understand the cap.

Yes you can manipulate it, the way that you like to do it, so if fugs the team down the road.  It's what Hurney did to sign Stew and Crew...something that killed us, and you supported.

That said, we had more talent on the defensive side of the ball, but that's not the quote in question here.

You freaking jack leg, of course I understand the cap.

Yes you can manipulate it, the way that you like to do it, so if fugs the team down the road. It's what Hurney did to sign Stew and Crew...something that killed us, and you supported.

That said, we had more talent on the defensive side of the ball, but that's not the quote in question here.

If you agree with me that the cap can be manipulated and we had more talent on defense which was the point of the discussion so therefore the offense is seen as complementary and therefore emphasis is on defense and not offense then why keep arguing.? Too many folks get caught up in a word or sentence and miss the whole point of the discussion . Being able to abstract and look at the bigger picture is one way to determine who is intelligent and who is concrete and limited. Which side do you want to be counted on.

If you agree with me that the cap can be manipulated and we had more talent on defense which was the point of the discussion so therefore the offense is seen as complementary and therefore emphasis is on defense and not offense then why keep arguing.? Too many folks get caught up in a word or sentence and miss the whole point of the discussion . Being able to abstract and look at the bigger picture is one way to determine who is intelligent and who is concrete and limited. Which side do you want to be counted on.

I agree with you in we have more talent on the D side.  Of that there is no question.

You just made a statement, and although wrong, continued to try to twist it to seem right.  It's easier to just say, yes I'm was wrong, I should have said talent, or resources, but not actual $$$'s.

You and I are both football junkies, you look at it differently than me, but we both understand the game fairly well, but the statement you made just wasn't true.  No biggie.  It's my job to listen to exactly what people say....to the word...every time, and let me tell you, it gets me into more fights with my wife than I care to mention.

Archived