• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fowler unsure of Beason for Week 1

Mr. Scot

Based on Jon Beason's latest blog entry, Scott Fowler believes he'll likely be out week one, maybe longer.

Having read the blog, outside of the last bit, I'm not sure I agree without some major "reading between the lines". It's certainly possible. I just don't know that I take what Beason says as a clear indicator of that.

But check for yourself. Links to both right here:

Beason's Blog

Fowler's Take

"I’m feeling a lot better by the day, I’m encouraged by how I feel right now. For me it’s all about getting back on the field. The crazy part is, even though Week 1 isn’t the Super Bowl, or the playoffs, of a game for the division title, I want to play, and I’d be willing to suck it up."

The first game is weeks away...he doesnt have anything torn in his knee. I dont know how anyone can say what his status is going to be this far out. Im sure that he probably heals pretty quickly, and personally I think that he'll be out there.

And he writes: "I hate being injured just because at the end of the day I think being a good player means being durable. There have been a lot of potentially great athletes who can’t stay healthy, and if you can’t stay healthy no one cares how good you are. It kind of sucks when freak things happen but injuries are a part of the game if you play long enough."

I wonder if Beason is talking about Dan Morgan when he says this?

I wonder if Beason is talking about Dan Morgan when he says this?

No, Morgan was not the only injury-plagued athlete with tremendous talent.

It just goes to show how bad we need that body up front in the middle, I saw in both games Beason get attacked by blockers and this time he got hurt from it.

"I’m feeling a lot better by the day, I’m encouraged by how I feel right now. For me it’s all about getting back on the field. The crazy part is, even though Week 1 isn’t the Super Bowl, or the playoffs, of a game for the division title, I want to play, and I’d be willing to suck it up."

The final sentence (immediately after) is what I think Fowler is looking at:

But this is a long season, and I have to make sure I’m healthy for the long haul.

Archived